Every time an Agoda customer checks out of a hotel we send them an email asking them to write a review of their stay. This is the only way reviews can be submitted. Every review must then be approved by our content team before being posted on the Agoda website. Therefore, unlike many other travel sites, ALL Agoda reviews are certified and genuine.
Enter your dates to check availability and book this hotel
Recent customer reviews
All reviews (4)
January 5, 2014
Perfect location and economic. Don't expect luxury
Location, the roof to take breakfast, free internet
The best: Location
Enough close to the Old City to go walking (remember, no public transport on Sabbath), but in a pedestrian zone with good restaurants not so turistic as the Old City ones.
Also it has a nice rooftop to take the "zen" breakfast (you know: coffe and toast, but you can buy some food in the shops around and take it to the roof).
The worst: The room
Ok, you can sleep there, but there are some little things that would make the stay there less... awuful:
1. A curtain for the shower is not expensive!
2. The door of the bathroom could close. Is not funny to sleep at 1 m of the toilet with the sound of the internal fan all the night.
I supose that's the problem with British colonial era hotels... the carpet, the un-ergonomic taps, and so.
November 21, 2013
quite comfortable central located hotel
central located, close to culture/history, nice terrace on roof top
The hotel is quite nice and central located but very noisy. I was missing room service and the stuff was not so friendly.
October 5, 2013
You get what you pay for
Centrally located, cheap, free wi-fi
The stay was ok. I expected it to be a little better though. Agoda rated it as a 2-star hotel. According to wikipedia a 2-star hotel should have the following (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_rating):
* 100% of the rooms with shower/WC or bath tub/WC
* Daily room cleaning
* 100% of the rooms with colour-TV together with remote control
* Table and chair
* Soap or body wash
* Reception service
* Facsimile at the reception
* Publicly available telephone for guests
* Extended breakfast
* Beverage offer in the hotel
* Deposit possibility
* Breakfast buffet
* Reading light next to the bed
* Bath essence or shower gel
* Bath towels
* Linen shelves
* Offer of sanitary products (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving kit)
* Credit Cards
Ok, so far so good. Agoda says this on the site concerning star-rating: "A star rating is only indicative of the level of comfort you can expect to find in a particular Hotel, with a higher star rating generally being indicative of a higher level of comfort and amenities". So in that way Agoda makes reservations against any complaints about wrong star-ratings.
BUT this hotel was NOT even close to what a 2-star hotel should be.
* They had no daily room cleaning (didn't clean the room once in 6 days)
* They had no TV
* No table in the room
* No breakfast buffet (only continental breakfast)
* No linen shelves
* They didn't offer sanitary products.
* We had to ask for new bath towels in reception, they never came to the room with anything.
September 7, 2013
Very pleasant stay
Location, authentic building, terrace
Very pleasant, beautiful. The problem is the noise because windows are watching the street and you hear everything.