Perfect for family holidays, theme park hotels provide entertainment for the whole crew as well as family-friendly accommodations near amusement parks! Save money on transportation and spend more quality time together on any of these all-inclusive vacations.
1. LEGOLAND California Resort at LEGOLAND California | Carlsbad, California
On the shores of Southern California in scenic Carlsbad, LEGOLAND California Resort features kid-friendly facilities and hotel packages. Book an all-inclusive stay that includes tickets to LEGOLAND California, LEGOLAND Water Park and SEA LIFE Aquarium. Guests also have front-door access to fantastic tourist attractions in Carlsbad, and an on-site charging station at the hotel makes a day trip to San Diego, just a 40-minute drive south, an easy addition to any itinerary.
Attractions and rides at LEGOLAND California
- Castle Hill
- Miniland USA
- Pirate Shores
- Fun Town
- Dino Island
- Lego Chima Wave Pool
- LEGO Star Wars Miniland
- SEA LIFE Aquarium
Must-see attractions in Carlsbad
- The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch: a seasonal attraction, The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch, with rows and rows of colorful blooms, are a sight to behold from March 1 to May 12.
- Tamarack Surf Beach: a notable hangout for local surfers, Tamarack Surf Beach provides secluded shores and a swim in the Carlsbad Sea.
- South Carlsbad State Beach: this scenic beach is popular with families for swimming, fishing and diving, as well as staying overnight in a kid-friendly cliffside campground.
- Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Park: view peacocks and native birds in this landscaped park just 8 miles (13 kilometers) from LEGOLAND California Resort.
Top 5 things to do in San Diego
San Diego Zoo Safari Park: on the outskirts of the city, the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is an 1,800-acre zoo in San Pasqual Valley.
Cabrillo National Monument: gaze up at a historic landmark and out over the ocean from the southern tip of the Point Loma peninsula. The Cabrillo National Monument commemorates the 1542 landing of Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo and stands next to attractions like Old Point Loma Lighthouse and Bayside Trail.
Check In to LEGOLAND California Resort, Step Out to LEGOLAND California
Discover more hotels and guest houses in Carlsbad
2. Theme Park Hotel at Resorts World Genting | Genting Highlands, Malaysia
With rooms that can accommodate up to six people, Theme Park Hotel at Resorts World Genting is the quintessential theme park hotel for a fun family holiday. Designed for families and groups, each room at Theme Park Hotel offers rooms with queen-size beds, bunk beds and playful décor. Plus, the facilities are just a two-minute walk from the entrance to Resorts World Genting (and Casino De Genting, if parents need a night out in a kid-free zone). One of Malaysia’s favorite theme park hotels, Theme Park Hotel also offers complimentary breakfast and direct access to Talking Garden Genting, a serene park with a flower maze kids love to explore. As a bonus feature, the nation’s capital is just an hour away. Plan a fun family day trip with Agoda’s Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide.
Attractions and rides at Resorts World Genting
- Skytropolis Funland
- The VOID
- BigTop Video Games Park
- Genting Bowl
- Vision City Video Games Park
- Ripley’s Adventureland
Attractions near Resorts World Genting
- Bukit Tinggi: this village bordering the Lentang Forest Reserve is famous for its local restaurants and rural vibe. Stroll through Japanese Garden, furry critters at Animal Park Rabbit Farm and zipline through the jungle at Adventure Park by Colmar Tropicale.
- Sky Casino
- Genting Highlands Premium Outlets
- Awana Genting Highlands Golf Course
- Genting Strawberry Leisure Farms
Check In to Theme Park Hotel, Step Out to Resorts World Genting
Discover more hotels and apartments in Genting Highlands
3. Festive Hotel at Resorts World Sentosa | Singapore
Smack dab in the center of Singapore’s entertainment extravaganza, Festive Hotel puts guests within walking distance of the best things to do on Sentosa Island. Book a holiday stay at Festive Hotel, one of Singapore’s premier theme park hotels, and get tickets to Universal Studios Singapore, S.E.A. Aquarium and Adventure Cove Waterpark. From Festive Hotel, families have direct access to Festive Walk, Sentosa 4D AdventureLand and Mega Adventure – Singapore.
Explore 7 zones at Universal Studios Singapore
- New York
- Sci-Fi City
- Ancient Egypt
- The Lost World
- Far Far Away
Explore Agoda’s FreeSingapore Travel Guide
Check In to Festive Hotel, Step Out to Universal Studios Singapore
Discover more hotels and resorts in Singapore
4. The Park Front Hotel at Universal Studios Japan™ | Osaka, Japan
Just outside Osaka’s most notable theme park, The Park Front Hotel at Universal Studios Japan offers nearly 600 rooms on 28 floors overlooking the Aji River. Along with easy access to Universal Studios Japan, the hotel provides ticket services to the park. Families enjoy the hotel’s complimentary in-room amenities, like free tea and coffee, while parents can book a massage to relax after a long day of chasing kids and riding roller coasters.
Explore 8 Zones of Universal Studios Japan
- New York
- San Francisco
- Jurassic Park
- Amity Village
- Universal Wonderland
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Plan an itinerary with Agoda’s Osaka Travel Guide
Check In to The Park Front Hotel, Step Out to Universal Studios Japan
Discover more theme park hotels and resorts in Osaka
5. PortAventura Hotel at PortAventura | Salou, Spain
With two outdoor swimming pools, a lake with lush gardens and direct access to PortAventura amusement park, PortAventura Hotel provides guests with everything they need for an outdoor adventure. Fuel up onsite with breakfast at one of four restaurants and return from a day of sightseeing for a sauna and swim in a heated indoor pool. PortAventura Hotel is just a five-minute walk from Salou Beach and Capellans, a seaside resort area, and only an hour ride from Barcelona.
Explore the 6 themed areas of PortAventura amusement park
- Far West
- Sesame Street
Thrilling rides and roller coasters at PortAventura
- Furius Baco: a roller coaster with winged seating, the Furius Baco accelerates to a speed of 83.9 mph (135 kph).
- Stampida: a dueling wooden roller coaster.
- Tomahawk: a smaller version of the neighboring Stampida ride.
- Silver River Flume: a log ride that plunges into a manmade lake.
- Grand Canyon Rapids: a whitewater river ride.
- Hurakan Condor: one of the tallest drop tower rides in the world. Hurakan Condor looms over the park at 330 feet (100.5 meters).
- El Diablo-Tren de la Mina: a mine train roller coaster that reaches speeds of 37 mph (60 kph).
- Dragon Khan: a former world record holder, this roller coaster contains eight loops and is one of the park’s original roller coaster rides. The Dragon Khan has been rated as one of the best roller coasters in the world.
- Shambhala: considered the fastest and tallest roller coaster in Europe, the Shambhala reaches speeds of 83 mph (134 (kph) and stands nearly 250 feet (76 meters) tall.
- Angkor: a splash park based in the ancient ruins of Angkor.
- Tutuki Splash: a water slide with erupting volcano.
- Tami Tami: a roller coaster suitable for young children.
Check In to PortAventura Hotel, Step Out to PortAventura
Discover more hotels and guest houses in Salou
6. Hotel Matamba at Phantasialand | Brühl, Germany
Just outside the front entrance to Phantasialand sits Hotel Matamba, an African-themed hotel designed for a wild experience. Enjoy boldly-patterned rooms, exotic masks from Cameroon and three tasty restaurants at Bruhl’s favorite theme park hotels. The town of Bruhl is just an eight-minute ride away, and a venture into the historic city of Cologne takes about half an hour.
Explore 6 zones at Phantasialand
- Wuze Town
- China Town
- Klugheimand Deep in Africa
Top 8 Things to Do in Cologne
- Cologne Cathedral
- Cologne Chocolate Museum
- Museum Ludwig
- Bruhl Castle
- Old Market
- Hohenzollern Bridge
Check In to Hotel Matamba, Step Out to Phantasialand in Bruhl
Discover more theme park hotels and resorts in Bruhl
7. Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel – Hong Kong
Sitting on the water’s edge of Discovery Bay, the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel is a 10-minute walk from Hong Kong Disneyland, and guests are treated to the magic of Disney from door to door. Located on Lantau Island, Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel offers 400 rooms that sleep up to four people. Themed rooms can be purchased as part of a package that includes tickets to Hong Kong Disneyland. Guests enjoy live Disney performances inside the theme park hotel’s six-story lobby, and children are welcome to explore the on-site playground. A Storybook Playroom with Disney-themed activities gives kids an opportunity to meet some of their favorite Disney characters.
Tour 8 themed lands of Hong Kong Disneyland
- Main Street
- Grizzly Gulch
- Mystic Point
- Toy Story Land