The Duke of Wellington is an ivy-clad traditional eighteenth century inn located in Danby, near Whitby. The hotel is an ideal base for exploring the Moors, Whitby and the coast. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.
Built in 1732, the Inn was used as a recruiting post during the Napoleonic Wars. An iron plaque of the Duke of Wellington was recently uncovered on the outside of the building and has been mounted on the fireplace in the bar. Restoration and refurbishment has improved the facilities whilst maintaining the character and charm of this traditional country inn.