More about Perry
Discovering Perry: Fun Facts and Reasons to Visit
Perry, Georgia, is a charming southern town located in the heart of the Peach State. Known for its friendly locals, beautiful scenery, and delicious food, Perry is a must-visit destination for travelers looking to experience true southern hospitality. Here are some fun facts and reasons to add Perry to your travel itinerary.
Perry is home to the Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter, which hosts the Georgia National Fair every October. This 11-day event features live music, carnival rides, and agricultural exhibits showcasing the best of Georgia's farming industry. It's a great opportunity to experience southern traditions and indulge in classic fair food like fried Oreos and funnel cakes.
Another reason to visit Perry is the town's rich history. The Perry Area Historical Society and Museum is a great place to learn about the town's past and see artifacts from the Civil War era. Visitors can also take a walking tour of the historic downtown district, which features beautiful architecture and charming shops and restaurants.
For outdoor enthusiasts, Perry is a great destination for hiking, fishing, and hunting. The Ocmulgee River and Flat Creek Public Fishing Areas offer opportunities for anglers to catch bass, catfish, and more. The Flat Creek Public Hunting Area is also a popular spot for deer and turkey hunting.
Getting to Perry: How to Travel to this Southern Gem
Perry is conveniently located off of I-75, making it easily accessible by car. The town is about 90 miles south of Atlanta and 30 miles north of Macon. For those flying in, the Middle Georgia Regional Airport in Macon is the closest airport. From there, it's just a short drive to Perry.
Top Things to Do in Perry: A Guide to Southern Hospitality
When it comes to things to do in Perry, there's something for everyone. Here are some of the top attractions and activities to add to your itinerary.
- The Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter: As mentioned earlier, the fairgrounds host the Georgia National Fair every October. But the venue also hosts other events throughout the year, including concerts, horse shows, and more.
- The Perry Area Historical Society and Museum: This museum features exhibits on the town's history and artifacts from the Civil War era.
- Historic Downtown Perry: Take a stroll through the charming downtown district, which features beautiful architecture, unique shops, and delicious restaurants.
- Flat Creek Public Fishing Area: This fishing area is a popular spot for anglers looking to catch bass, catfish, and more.
- Flat Creek Public Hunting Area: This hunting area offers opportunities for deer and turkey hunting.
- Go Fish Education Center: This interactive center offers exhibits on Georgia's aquatic wildlife and fishing opportunities.
Why Book with Agoda.com: The Best Way to Find Hotels in Perry
When it comes to finding the best hotels in Perry, Agoda.com is your go-to source. With a wide range of accommodations to choose from, including the Scottish Inn and Suites Perry, Agoda.com makes it easy to find the perfect place to stay for your trip.
One of the benefits of booking with Agoda.com is the site's user-friendly interface. You can easily filter your search results by price, location, and amenities to find the hotel that best fits your needs. Plus, Agoda.com offers competitive rates and frequent deals and promotions to help you save money on your stay.
The Best Time to Visit Perry: Seasons and Events to Plan Your Trip Around
Perry is a great destination to visit year-round, but there are certain seasons and events that are particularly popular among travelers. Here are some of the best times to plan your trip to Perry.
- Fall: The Georgia National Fair takes place every October, making fall a popular time to visit Perry. The weather is also mild and pleasant during this time of year, making it a great time to explore the town's outdoor attractions.
- Spring: The weather starts to warm up in spring, making it a great time to visit Perry's parks and hiking trails. Plus, the town's annual Dogwood Festival takes place in April, featuring live music, a parade, and more.
- Summer: Summer is a popular time to visit Perry's outdoor attractions, including the Ocmulgee River and Flat Creek Public Fishing Areas. Plus, the town's Independence Day celebration is not to be missed, featuring a fireworks show and live music.
Tips for Travelers: Making the Most of Your Visit to Perry
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your visit to Perry.
- Bring comfortable walking shoes: Perry's downtown district is best explored on foot, so be sure to bring comfortable shoes for walking.
- Try the local cuisine: Southern cuisine is a highlight of any trip to Perry, so be sure to indulge in classic dishes like fried chicken, collard greens, and peach cobbler.
- Pack for the weather: Georgia weather can be unpredictable, so be sure to pack for the season and bring layers in case of temperature changes.
Where to Stay in Perry: Hotels and Accommodations for Every Budget
Whether you're looking for budget-friendly accommodations or luxury hotels, Perry has a range of options to choose from. Here are some of the top hotels in Perry.
- Scottish Inn and Suites Perry: This budget-friendly hotel offers comfortable rooms and a convenient location near downtown Perry.
- Hampton Inn Perry: This mid-range hotel offers amenities like an outdoor pool, fitness center, and free breakfast.
- Comfort Inn and Suites Perry: This mid-range hotel offers amenities like an indoor pool, fitness center, and free breakfast.
- Hilton Garden Inn Warner Robins: This upscale hotel is located just a short drive from Perry and offers amenities like a restaurant, bar, and outdoor pool.
What to Eat in Perry: Southern Cuisine and Local Delights
Southern cuisine is a highlight of any trip to Perry. Here are some of the top restaurants to check out during your visit.
- Swanson's Grill: This classic diner serves up southern favorites like fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, and homemade desserts.
- The Oil Lamp Restaurant: This family-owned restaurant is known for its delicious seafood dishes and southern hospitality.
- The Perfect Pear: This farm-to-table restaurant serves up fresh, locally sourced ingredients in creative dishes like shrimp and grits and blackened catfish.
Getting Around Perry: Transportation Options for Visitors
While Perry is best explored on foot, there are other transportation options available for visitors. The town does not have a public transportation system, so renting a car is the most convenient way to get around. Taxis and ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available.