Set in 19 acres of beautiful tranquil parkland, yet only one minutes’ walk from Hitchin town square, this attractive hotel was originally a Carmelite monastery built in 1317.
With carefully preserved and sensitively renovated interiors, the hotel combines period charm, authentic original features and impressive historic character with modern comforts and contemporary facilities. There are 52 en suite rooms, with a shower or bath and each room has a TV and central heating.
There are 15 meeting rooms, which can accommodate up to 90 people, as well as a marquee for weddings and private functions for up to 200 people. All of the conference rooms have Wi-Fi wireless and broadband internet access.
The hotel has a superbly convenient location; just 5 minutes from Hitchin train station; 10 minutes’ drive from junction 8 of the A1(M); 15 minutes from Luton Airport and 25 minutes from junction 10 of the M1.