More about BNH Hospital
Discover the Fun Facts About BNH Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand
BNH Hospital is a private medical facility located in the heart of Bangkok, Thailand. Established in 1898, it is one of the oldest hospitals in the country, with a rich history of providing quality healthcare services to both locals and tourists alike. The hospital is named after its founder, Dr. Alexander McFarlane, a Scottish physician who dedicated his life to improving the health of the people in Thailand.
One of the unique features of BNH Hospital is its colonial-style architecture. The hospital's main building is a beautiful white structure with a red-tiled roof, reminiscent of the early 20th century. The hospital has undergone several renovations over the years, but it has managed to preserve its classic charm and elegance.
Another fun fact about BNH Hospital is that it is the first hospital in Thailand to be accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI). The JCI is a global organization that accredits healthcare facilities based on their quality and safety standards. This accreditation is a testament to the hospital's commitment to providing world-class healthcare services to its patients.
Reasons to Visit BNH Hospital: A Comprehensive Guide
There are several reasons why you should consider visiting BNH Hospital during your trip to Bangkok. Firstly, the hospital offers a wide range of medical services, including general surgery, cardiology, neurology, and orthopedics, among others. The hospital has state-of-the-art medical equipment and facilities, ensuring that patients receive the best possible care.
Secondly, BNH Hospital has a team of highly qualified and experienced medical professionals. The hospital's doctors, nurses, and support staff are dedicated to providing personalized care to every patient. They speak several languages, including English, Thai, and Japanese, ensuring that patients from different parts of the world feel comfortable and understood.
Thirdly, BNH Hospital is conveniently located in the heart of Bangkok. The hospital is easily accessible by public transportation, making it an ideal choice for travelers who require medical attention during their trip. Additionally, the hospital is located in a vibrant neighborhood with several restaurants, cafes, and shopping centers nearby.
How to Go to BNH Hospital: A Traveler's Guide
BNH Hospital is located at 9/1 Convent Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand. The hospital is easily accessible by public transportation, including buses, trains, and taxis.
If you are coming from Suvarnabhumi Airport, the easiest way to get to BNH Hospital is by taxi. The journey takes approximately 40 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. Alternatively, you can take the Airport Rail Link to Phayathai Station and then transfer to the BTS Skytrain to Sala Daeng Station. From there, you can take a short taxi ride to the hospital.
If you are coming from Don Mueang International Airport, you can take a taxi to the hospital. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. Alternatively, you can take the A1 bus to Mo Chit BTS Station and then transfer to the BTS Skytrain to Sala Daeng Station. From there, you can take a short taxi ride to the hospital.
Fun Things to Do Near BNH Hospital: Explore Bangkok's Hidden Gems
If you have some free time after your visit to BNH Hospital, there are several fun things to do in the neighborhood. One of the must-visit attractions is Lumpini Park, a beautiful green space in the heart of the city. The park is perfect for a leisurely stroll, a picnic, or a workout. You can also rent a boat and paddle around the lake, or watch the locals practicing tai chi and yoga.
Another hidden gem near BNH Hospital is the Bangkokian Museum. This charming museum is housed in a 1930s teakwood house and showcases the history and culture of Bangkok's middle-class residents. You can learn about traditional Thai architecture, furniture, and lifestyle, and even try on some vintage clothing.
If you are a foodie, you will love the street food scene near BNH Hospital. There are several food stalls and restaurants serving delicious Thai dishes, such as pad thai, som tam, and khao pad. You can also find international cuisine, such as Japanese, Italian, and Indian, among others.
Why Use Agoda.com to Book a Hotel Near BNH Hospital: A Stress-Free Experience
If you are planning to visit BNH Hospital, it is essential to book a hotel near the hospital to save time and energy. Agoda.com is the perfect platform to find affordable and convenient accommodations near BNH Hospital. With Agoda.com, you can compare prices, read reviews, and book your hotel in just a few clicks.
Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels near BNH Hospital, catering to different budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for a luxurious hotel with a pool and spa or a budget-friendly guesthouse with basic amenities, Agoda.com has got you covered. Additionally, Agoda.com offers 24/7 customer support, ensuring that you have a stress-free experience during your booking process.
The Best Season or Moment to Visit BNH Hospital: Plan Your Trip
Bangkok has a tropical climate, with hot and humid weather throughout the year. The best time to visit BNH Hospital depends on your preferences and needs. If you prefer cooler temperatures, the best time to visit is between November and February, when the weather is dry and pleasant. However, this is also the peak tourist season, so expect higher hotel rates and crowds.
If you don't mind the heat and humidity, you can visit BNH Hospital between March and May or between September and October. During these months, you can enjoy lower hotel rates and fewer crowds. However, be prepared for occasional rain showers and high humidity levels.
Tips for Travelers That Would Like to Visit BNH Hospital: A Must-Read
If you are planning to visit BNH Hospital, here are some tips to make your experience smoother:
- Make sure you have travel insurance that covers medical emergencies.
- Bring a copy of your medical records and prescriptions, as well as your passport and visa.
- Learn some basic Thai phrases, such as "sawadee ka" (hello) and "khob khun ka" (thank you), to communicate with the locals.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as Bangkok can be hot and humid.
- Carry a small bag with essentials, such as water, snacks, and sunscreen.
- Be aware of scams and pickpockets, especially in crowded areas and tourist attractions.
Where to Stay Near BNH Hospital: Affordable and Convenient Accommodations
If you are looking for affordable and convenient accommodations near BNH Hospital, Agoda.com has several options for you. Here are some of the best hotels near BNH Hospital:
- The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam (SHA Plus+): This hotel is located in the vibrant Pratunam neighborhood, just a few minutes' walk from the BTS Skytrain and several shopping centers. The rooms are spacious and modern, with all the necessary amenities.
- Baiyoke Sky Hotel: This hotel is located in the heart of Bangkok's shopping district, with easy access to several malls and markets. The hotel has several restaurants, a pool, and a spa, among other facilities.
- Nasa Bangkok (SHA Extra Plus): This hotel is located near the Airport Rail Link and offers easy access to both Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang airports. The rooms are cozy and comfortable, with all the necessary amenities.
- Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21: This hotel is located near the BTS Skytrain and the Terminal 21 shopping center. The rooms are spacious and elegant, with great views of the city.
- Asia Hotel Bangkok (SHA Plus+): This hotel is located near the BTS Skytrain and several tourist attractions, such as the Jim Thompson House and the Siam Paragon mall. The rooms are comfortable and well-equipped, with great views of the city.
What to Eat Near BNH Hospital: A Foodie's Guide to Bangkok
Bangkok is known for its vibrant street food scene, and there are several delicious dishes to try near BNH Hospital. Here are some of the must-try dishes:
- Pad Thai: This is a classic Thai dish made with stir-fried noodles, shrimp, tofu, bean sprouts, and peanuts. You can find it at several street food stalls and restaurants near BNH Hospital.
- Som Tam: This is a spicy salad made with shredded papaya, tomatoes, chili, garlic, and lime. It is a refreshing dish that is perfect for hot days.
- Khao Pad: This is a simple yet delicious dish made with fried rice, vegetables, and meat or seafood. It is a great option for a quick and filling meal.
- Mango Sticky Rice: This is a popular dessert made with sweet glutinous rice, fresh mango, and coconut milk. It is a must-try dish for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- Tom Yum Goong: This is a spicy and sour soup made with shrimp, lemongrass, chili, and lime. It is a flavorful dish that is perfect for cold days.
How to Travel Around BNH Hospital
BNH Hospital is located in a central location in Bangkok, with several transportation options available. The easiest way to travel around the hospital is by taxi or tuk-tuk. You can also take the BTS Skytrain to Sala Daeng Station and then take a short taxi ride to the hospital.
If you want to explore the city further, you can take the BTS Skytrain or the MRT subway to other parts of Bangkok. Additionally, there are several buses and boats that can take you to different neighborhoods and tourist attractions.
In conclusion, BNH Hospital is a top-notch medical facility in Bangkok, Thailand, offering quality healthcare services to both locals and tourists. With its colonial-style architecture, experienced medical professionals, and convenient location, BNH Hospital is a must-visit destination for anyone who requires medical attention during their trip to Bangkok. By booking a hotel near BNH Hospital through Agoda.com, you can have a stress-free experience and enjoy all the fun things the neighborhood has to offer.