- Best Price Guarantee
- Shop Safe Policy
- Reservation Guarantee
- Cancellation Policy
- Refund Policy
- About Agoda
- Agoda Gift Card Terms and Conditions
Agoda offers the following “Best Price Guarantee”. If you have reserved a hotel room through Agoda and then show us that you could book the same room for the same dates at a lower rate that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it.
Submitting a Claim
Please collect the following information before completing the Best Price Guarantee Claim Form
• Your Agoda Booking ID.
• The address of the website where you found the better rate.
• The name of the hotel, city and country.
• You can attach up to three screenshots of the competitor site in which the Room availability, Room Type, Promotion type and Room Rate for the required dates of your stay are clearly indicated.
• PLEASE NOTE: You don’t need to make a booking on the competitor website, just show us the comparison
Terms and Conditions
1. Our "Best Price Guarantee" applies to confirmed bookings only. You must provide us with your Agoda Booking ID in order to make a claim.
2. The following conditions must apply:
• Same hotel
• Same period of stay
• Same Room/Bed type
• Same Advance purchase requirements, prepayment and deposit requirements (if any)
• Same Cancellation and Amendment policies
• The room must be available for instant confirmation at the time our agents check availability
3. The “Best Price Guarantee” does not apply to reservations offering third-party loyalty program rewards (e.g PointsMAX) or unpublished rates, such as:
• Private rates
• Packaged or promotional rates
• Hotel rooms sold as part of a travel package
• Rates that are not available to the general public, which include:
|-||Corporate discount rates|
|-||Group or meeting rates|
|-||Any rates requiring membership, (i.e. AAA or AARP rates)|
|-||Any organization with rates intended for a specific group of individuals and are not meant for the general public|
4. Agoda has the right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including but not limited to, determining that it is for the same hotel, room type, dates, and that it meets all Terms, Conditions, and Claims processing requirements.
5. Our “Best Price Guarantee” cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
6. Agoda reserves the right to amend, revise, supplement, suspend or discontinue the “Best Price Guarantee” at anytime.
Any questions regarding claims should be directed to our Customer Service team.
The Agoda payment system ensures confidentiality of your personal data and safe use of your credit card for travel transactions. You can supply your credit card details by any one of the following secure methods:
- By using our secure (SSL) online Cardholder Information Form
- Or by telephone, directly to our Agoda Support Center
Reservations secured via Agoda are backed up by our Reservation Guarantee. If your confirmed reservation is not available or cannot be honored by the property, immediately contact our 24/7 Customer Service at the contact number(s) listed in your confirmation email. Our Agoda Customer Support Specialists will seek alternative accommodation at a convenient and comparable property, for your approval.
Should you not approve any alternative accommodation, Agoda will offer a full refund of the price paid for the original accommodation.
Unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the cancellation policy, agoda does not charge a processing fee for cancellations
Any cancellations received after the cancellation due date specified in the confirmation email (including requests made within this period) are subject to a minimum of a 1 (ONE) night cancellation fee, unless you are notified otherwise in the confirmation email.
Failure to arrive at your hotel will be treated as a late cancellation and will incur a minimum cancellation fee of one (1) night, or more, per room, unless otherwise specified in the confirmation email.
Any changes to your reservation must be made through Agoda and not directly with the hotel. This applies to change of dates, extension of stay, early check out, delay of arrival or cancellation in full or in part. Any problems or questions on your reservation prior to arrival or during your stay at the hotel should be directed to our Agoda Customer Support Specialists. We must be notified of all cancellations within our normal office hours from 08:00-18:00 (GMT+7).
To request a refund, please contact us at any of the following:
- On our website agoda.com
- By telephone +44 (0)20 3027 7900 (international charges will apply)
- By e-mail via our Customer Support page
- Agoda is committed to providing you with a simple and efficient refund process. Please note that shortening your stay during the high season, periods of high occupancy, during trade fairs and conventions, or failure to cancel your reservation prior to the due date noted on your confirmation may result in a penalty charge being imposed by the hotel. If a penalty charge is incurred, this will be deducted from the amount refunded.
- Your confirmation email will specify the exact cancellation due date which is the deadline you must cancel by in order to avoid any cancellation fee. Generally, the cancellation due date is 14 days prior to arrival at the hotel. The penalty charge is usually one-night stay, unless specified on the confirmation email.
- Unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the cancellation policy, cancellation requests submitted via any of the means above, prior to the due date noted on your confirmation, will normally be refunded 100% of the cost of their stay (Agoda does not charge a processing fee for cancellations) within 10 days of receiving the request. Any cancellation request submitted after the due date noted on your confirmation will also be processed within 10 days, and any applicable penalty charge will be deducted from the amount refunded.
- Shortened stays, in most cases, will be refunded within 10 days, net of any penalty charge applicable, and if you notify us (by any of the means above) prior to shortening your stay, we can expedite the refund process. If however, you notify us after checking out, some shortened stay refunds may take longer because some hotels can be slow to confirm the exact dates of your stay. If your refund is likely to take longer than 10 days to process, we will notify you via email upon receipt of your request.
Please Note: Many hotels will apply a penalty charge, often equal to one night's stay, to a shortened stay at late notice. Please check the hotel policies carefully.
Agoda(agoda.com) is an online hotel reservations service which specializes in securing the lowest discount hotel prices in Asia. Agoda is part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq:PCLN). Based in Singapore with operations in Bangkok and the Philippines, Agoda's network includes 10,000 hotels in Asia and more than 150,000 worldwide. The staff of 300 professionals provides a first-rate reservation service that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travelers.
Agoda is a service which links hotel bargain-seekers with travel wholesalers. The partners we have chosen are only the largest, most reputable companies with long-time operations in Asia and worldwide, and are affiliated with the following organizations:
- ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents)
- IATA (International Air Transport Association)
- PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association)
- HKTA (Hong Kong Tourist Association)
- ATTA (Association of Thai Travel Agents)
- TIC (Travel Industry Council)
Our organization's aim is to be the #1 Internet provider of discount hotel rooms and other travel products. We realize that booking your travel over the Internet is new and all of our efforts are centered around establishing a reputation for quality service and reliability. For this reason we have also established our "Shop Safe and Privacy Guarantee" to enable you to use our service with confidence.
The following provisions form the basis of the Agoda Gift Card Program (“Program”). These provisions are intended to govern the relationship between you as a participant in the Program and Agoda Company Pte. Ltd. (“Agoda”) as issuer and operator of the Program. Your participation in the Program and use of the Agoda Gift Card(s) will be governed by these provisions, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them.
ISSUING OF AGODA GIFT CARDS
Agoda Gift Cards may be issued by Agoda to persons who have or will be registered with Agoda via agoda.com. Each gift card shall have its own unique identification number which shall be necessary for a customer to redeem the stored value under the Gift Card (“Unique Identifier”). The stored value contained in an Agoda Gift Card shall be determined by Agoda in its sole and absolute discretion and in determining such value Agoda may give regard to criteria including but not limited to the booking history of a customer’s previous bookings with Agoda, the types of accommodation booked in the past by a customer and the location of a customer.
In addition, customers may also be able to purchase Agoda Gift Cards through the customer’s my gift card page for an amount corresponding to the stored value redeemable under an Agoda Gift Card. At the moment, Agoda Gift Cards can only be purchased by credit card and cannot be purchased for an amount exceeding US two hundred dollars (US$200). Customers who purchase Agoda Gift Cards will also be required to enroll in a 3D secure verification scheme aimed at enhancing customer and Agoda Gift Card security. Otherwise the bulk purchase and maximum stored value restrictions set out in these terms and conditions shall apply to the purchase of Agoda Gift Cards.
AGODA GIFT CARD USE AND REDEMPTION
Stored value contained in an Agoda Gift Card can only be redeemed with or through Agoda and its agoda.com website and for no other purpose. Customers will not be able to redeem Agoda Gift Cards directly with accommodation suppliers participating on agoda.com.
Once issued, Agoda Gift Cards cannot be resold and are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or otherwise. Agoda Gift Cards shall be non-refundable (except where required by applicable law). However, Agoda Gift Cards may be transferrable from a Gift Card holder to persons (including family and friends) by the Gift Card holder completing the transfer online via the Agoda self-service tool.
Customers who hold Agoda Gift Cards shall be able to redeem it by entering the Agoda Gift Card Unique Identifier on the agoda.com website for an accommodation that participates in the Program and is displayed on agoda.com. The customer may nominate the amount of stored value under the Agoda Gift Card that it wishes to redeem. Once confirmed by Agoda, Agoda shall issue the booking voucher for the accommodation which may display such information as Agoda elects in its sole and absolute discretion including but not limited to the Agoda Gift Card Unique Identifier used in the redemption, the value of such redemption and the remaining stored value held on the Agoda Gift Card if any balance remains.
When redeeming an Agoda Gift Card, the customer shall have the option to either partially redeem stored value under the Agoda Gift Card or elect for full redemption. The balance of stored value under an Agoda Gift Card can be checked and accessed at any time by the Gift Card holder accessing the Agoda My Gift Card page.
Accommodation reserved through redemption of Agoda Gift Card stored value in whole or part shall be subject to the tariff, contract and accommodation policies of the accommodation reserved. Agoda Gift Cards can only be redeemed for qualifying published rates up to the full booking value, but not for accommodation where Agoda is contracted on a commission only basis, free accommodation, rentals or tickets, industry discounts, group rates or special promotional rates. Agoda Gift Cards cannot be applied to any credit card charges in respect of the accommodation reserved.
The ability to redeem Agoda Gift Cards shall be valid only on accommodations participating in the Program and as may be displayed on agoda.com as determined by Agoda. The booking process will clearly show if Agoda Gift Card stored value is able to be redeemed. Agoda shall not be held liable for any changes that may result in the cancellation of a participating accommodation from the Program.
CONVERSION FROM AGODA REWARDS PROGRAM TO AGODA GIFT CARD PROGRAM
Upon satisfaction of certain conditions, a member of the Agoda Rewards Program may convert his or her points held under the Agoda Rewards Program to stored value under the Agoda Gift Card Program. The process and conditions governing such conversion may include the specifying of the conversion rate for points under the Agoda Rewards Program for conversion to stored value under the Agoda Gift Card Program. If any Agoda Rewards Program members wish to enquire further about this, enquiries can be made by contacting Agoda customer support.
VALIDITY AND EXPIRY OF AGODA GIFT CARDS
Generally, issued Agoda Gift Cards will be valid until fully redeemed or unless terminated by Agoda in accordance with these terms and conditions but in no event will issued Agoda Gift Cards be valid for a period exceeding five (5) years. If there is an expiry date on an Agoda Gift Card, then the Agoda Gift Card shall expire as of the expiry date of that card. The customer shall not be able to use an Agoda Gift Card once it is fully redeemed, on and from the expiry date of the Agoda Gift Card (including for a period after five (5) years from its issue date) or upon earlier termination of the Agoda Gift Card in accordance with these terms and conditions and further, any balance of stored value remaining on the Agoda Gift Card as of the expiry or termination date will be rendered void and thereafter cannot be redeemed or refunded by a customer (except where required by applicable law).
MODIFICATIONS, RESTRICTIONS, TERMINATION ETC
The Agoda Gift Card, the Program and its benefits are offered at the discretion of Agoda who has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program rules, these terms and conditions, benefits, conditions of participation or stored value limits, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the ability to redeem a Gift Card already granted. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Agoda may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any special offers; increase the level of stored value on an Agoda Gift Card required for any accommodation reservation made through agoda.com; modify or regulate the transferability of Gift Card stored value or benefits; add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or limit the number of accommodation reservations available on any or all properties participating on the agoda.com website; or otherwise make changes to the Program at its discretion or as may be required by law or regulation. Agoda Gift Card participants, in holding a Gift Card, may not rely upon the continued availability of Gift Card stored value. The Agoda Gift Card is not redeemable for all properties participating on the agoda.com website, but only for those eligible properties where the gift card redeem feature is shown and can be seen by the customer when making a booking on agoda.com.
Participation in the Program is subject to these terms and conditions set out herein and as Agoda may, at its discretion, adopt from time to time. Agoda has the sole right to interpret and apply the Program in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any failure to follow the terms and conditions set out herein, any abuse of Program privileges, any conduct detrimental to the interests of Agoda, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to Agoda or its affiliates by any participant in the Program, or anyone else acting on the participant’s behalf, may result in the termination of his or her Agoda Gift Card, the cancellation of Agoda Gift Card stored value or any other benefits.
MAXIMUM LIMIT OF STORED VALUE UNDER AN AGODA GIFT CARD
While at the current moment, Agoda Gift Cards cannot be purchased for an amount exceeding US two hundred dollars (US$200), under no circumstances now or in the future shall a customer be entitled to load, hold or store an Agoda Gift Card for a stored value of or exceeding one thousand Singapore Dollars (SGD 1,000), nor shall any customers be permitted to purchase (in bulk or otherwise) any Agoda Gift Cards of a stored value of or more than twenty thousand Singapore Dollars (SGD 20,000) per transaction.
PROHIBITION OF SALE OR BARTER OF AGODA GIFT CARDS
Except as expressly allowed by these terms and conditions or as explicitly agreed in advance and in writing by Agoda, the sale or barter of any Agoda Gift Cards, awards or benefits other than by Agoda is expressly prohibited. Any Agoda Gift Cards, stored value or benefits transferred, assigned or sold (unless expressly allowed under these terms and conditions) in contravention of the Program and these terms and conditions, in addition to exposing the customer to the penalties otherwise associated with violations in general, may be confiscated or cancelled.
The use of accommodation reservations that have been acquired by purchase, barter, or other conduct in contravention of the Program and these terms and conditions may result in the cancellation of the reservations, denial of entry to the accommodation with respect to the guest name the reservation is held under, and, at the discretion of Agoda, completion of the accommodation stay may be completed upon payment of the applicable rate.
Agoda reserves the right to audit Agoda Gift Card(s) held or used by a customer at any time for compliance with the Program and these terms and conditions, without notice to the customer. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies, fraud, abuse or other violations, the processing of Agoda Gift Card redemption requests may be delayed pending completion of the audit. In certain cases (e.g. fraud including but not limited to the opening of fake or fictional accounts for illegal or money laundering transfer purposes), Agoda reserves the right to cancel the Agoda Gift Card(s) and the entire account.
The Program is maintained for the benefit of Agoda customers only. Unless otherwise allowed by Agoda, each customer who holds an Agoda Gift Card may only maintain one account.
STORED VALUE CONTAINED IN AGODA GIFT CARDS HAVE NO VALUE OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAM. AGODA MAY REVOKE STORED VALUE ON AGODA GIFT CARDS AT ANY TIME IN THE MANNER SET FORTH HEREIN. AGODA GIFT CARDS ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE UPON DEATH, AS PART OF A DOMESTIC RELATIONS MATTER, OR OTHERWISE BY OPERATION OF LAW. RISK AND TITLE WILL PASS TO THE CUSTOMER UPON DELIVERY OF THE AGODA GIFT CARD. AGODA WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR STOLEN AGODA GIFT CARDS OR FOR USE WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.
Only the customer named on the Agoda Gift Card will be entitled access to personal information relating to such Agoda Gift Card. Affiliate partners of Agoda and staff of Agoda Company Pte. Ltd. or any wholly owned subsidiaries of these companies including of Priceline.com are not eligible to participate in Program.
Agoda reserves the right to disallow redemption of an Agoda Gift Card for any customer who uses the Program in a manner inconsistent with these terms and conditions or as against any applicable laws and which may result in the loss of Agoda Gift Card stored value. In addition, Agoda shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action against the customer, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Agoda reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Agoda's failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
All questions or disputes regarding an individual's eligibility for the Program, the redemption of Agoda Gift Card stored value, use, or conversion of Agoda Reward Program Points, or a customer’s compliance with these terms and conditions will be resolved by Agoda in its sole discretion.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these terms and conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Agoda will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences which may result from a customer’s participation in the Program. Each customer is solely responsible for the payment of all taxes payable and benefits acquired as a result of such customer’s participation in the Program and redemption of any Agoda Gift Card stored value and for all applicable filing and reporting obligations. Customers should consult with their tax advisors regarding the use and redemption of Agoda Gift Card stored value.
Accommodation suppliers may be added to or removed from the Program at any time with or without notice.
These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore irrespective of the customer’s location. The courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter associated with these terms and conditions.
Thank you for having read these terms and conditions about the Program. For additional information regarding Agoda Gift Cards refer to our FAQs on the Site.
Book smarter, Book Agoda!
1. Agoda makes every effort to ensure that any materials or rates displayed on this website are accurate as at the date of issue. Changes in market conditions or circumstances may occur after the issue date which may make information displayed on this website no longer accurate or no longer reflect the current position.
2. Agoda hereby expressly disclaims any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the accuracy, completeness, quality or adequacy of any contents of this website.
3. While Agoda makes every effort to work with hotels which provide an acceptable standard of service and accommodation for the price paid, we hereby expressly disclaim any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the quality or adequacy of any hotel listed on our website.
4. In case of any discrepancies between the English language content/version of this website including its policies and a translated version, the English language version will prevail.