I would not recommend Crusoes if solo unless you are happy to sit around doing nothing.
デラックス シービュー Bure
2017年10月 | 7泊滞在
Great, peaceful location”
Peaceful location away from the main road and next to village which is home to many staff. Good beach in front but with broken glass which was disappointing, although hotel's own raised beach / sand area was very nice with shady palms, grass, loungers, aspect meant shelter from prevailing breezes. Snorkelling in the sea was good and we felt very safe, pool was suitable for cooling off, short swims & shallow steps allowed toddler to splash. Continental breakfast was basic but nice, additions were very reasonably priced ($3 for 2 eggs any style), lunch menu good (~$15 FD), dinner was rather expensive (~$35 - 45 FD, I'd have more happily paid half that, even in a resort), beers fine at $8 a bottle. Lovo was excellent and good value - highly recommend putting aside afternoon to watch process. Staff are incredibly friendly and wonderful with toddler. No play area on site or nearby but large grassy areas for playing on & we took own bucket / spade / beach ball. Rooms a bit tired but great for the price, carefully cleaned every day, mozzy screens & louvre windows ensured we felt connected to the outside world. Never ran out of hot water. Small bar fridge so you can have a cold one in your room :-) We're normally independent travellers but wanted something easy with toddler for a proper holiday and we were pleased with what we got at Crusoe's - easy but not overwhelmingly resort-y. Hire car for the week covered the cost of airport transfers and gave us independence to pootle about on the few rainy days. Clientele was older single travellers / couples & families with young kids. Resort tried hard with activities but this is not a party place I don't think!
デラックス シービュー Bure
2017年9月 | 3泊滞在
Fiji's best kept secret, awesome holiday. You arrive as a visitor and leave as family”
Having stayed at many different hotels in Fiji. Crusoe's Retreat is a hidden gem. The staff treat you as family and nothing is to much trouble. The bure's are perfect, the views are amazing. This has to Fiji's best kept secret by far. Crusoe's is nothing short of excellent.
2017年3月 | 8泊滞在
out of the way resort”
i stayed there because i was working close by at a village. The staff are very friendly and nice to deal with :)
デラックス シーサイド Bure
2017年4月 | 3泊滞在
The accommodation is comfortable enough and staff are very friendly. This place could do with some repairs as many of the units had rotting wood and peeling paint. For a place that is some what off the beaten path, there are limited options for food nearby as expected but the onsite facility. The food here is below average and is not ideal for consumption across multiple days. In my opinion, not worth the rack rate but, heavily discounted it becomes a reasonable proposition.
デラックス シービュー Bure
2017年1月 | 7泊滞在
Needs an update, food very limited but it's okay for the price
2016年11月 | 5泊滞在
Beautiful and relaxing ”
Our stay at crusoes was wonderful, the staff are fantastic, the village shops next door has delicious food and the snorkelling was great! The only down was the bed was broken, but still good enough. Would definitely recommend this place for a nice, quiet and relaxing time away.
2016年9月 | 2泊滞在
Less than Impressed ”
Travelled with my family for a 2 night stay along the Coral Coast.
To sum up I'll give a list of pro's and cons.
- Spectacular View
- Isolated Location- great for couples (not for kids)
- Pots of coffee were great
- Mosquito Nets and good flyscreens
- Food was terrible, my father was served raw fish (after sending back was returned raw yet again), whilst my mother was served cold curry with mash like rice... Oh- and my "Vege" Burger was literally just a bun with lettuce and a spoonful of coleslaw
- 3 choices for a dinner menu (starting at $30fjd) We saw most other guests walk to the only other resort in the area (Wellsley) for dinner.(which was exceptional quality in comparison)
- Continental breakfast had many items missing and bread was stale both days
- We had an issue with another guest screaming and yelling from 11pm until 4am and security did nothing but yell back at him
- Items we paid cash for were billed to our room which resulted in a delay at departure
- Kayaks were damaged and full of water in the hulls, flippers were ripped and broken.
- My parents room also smelt of rotten milk as it appeared someone had heated milk in the kettle (and housekeeping had not checked this) when we returned the kettle- we did not receive a replacement.
- Rooms were dated and my parents room had signs of water leaking through the ceiling
2015年10月 | 2泊滞在
Staff Location Activities
デラックス シーサイド Bure
2014年11月 | 7泊滞在
the perfect escape from winter”
they create a lovely sense of family. awesome snorkeling. nice location
Our stay was enjoyable. People were friendly and welcoming. Snorkeling was a treat. Food was average.