Love our stay and the rustic feel of this home. Wished I had stayed for more nights.
2015年11月 | 1泊滞在
Wonderful experience of traditional tatami”
Clean, beautiful, traditional culture setting
The house owner is very nice and made us traditional tea during arrival. Great experience for the traditional culture. The house is integrated with comprehensive equipment and electrical appliance like free wifi, electric boiler, air conditioner, etc and you have nothing to worry about. Tatami restroom is very comfotable that made you stayed in the bed at the morning.
Location is convenient, you just need to walk about 5 - 10 min to the 京阪三条 subway station. Also, you can walk to the Gion. The pathway to Gion is full of red leaves in late Nov. If you drive, propably can stop outside the house if you confirmed with the owner.
Strongly recommended family or travellers who would like to experience japanese culture during their stay.
2014年1月 | 1泊滞在
cultural, unique experience”
history and architecture of the building; nice bathroom, convenient location
Comfortable, relaxed, have a touch of Japanese culture
2013年5月 | 1泊滞在
really interesting and rare opportunity”
traditional Japanese stay, nice landlords, good location
1. about 20 minutes bus from Kyoto Shinkansen Station and 8 minutes walk
2. the hotel is just only one suite with 2 traditional Japanese rooms
3. the landlords are a couple living next to the hotel and they are really nice
4. they don't provide meals but they can recommend you lots of different kinds of restaurants
5. there is a traditional Japanese bathroom and you can take a bath
6. the WIFI is really fast
7. i think the hotel is more suitable for family travel
8. they don't have beds but you can experience Japanese style of "beds"
9. it is a really good hotel
10. the landlord speaks a little English for simple communication