A luxuriously green retreat just a 2-minute longtail boat from Bangkok”
Just a quick overnight staycation, but absolutely floored by the location. I took a longtail boat in the evening (less than a dollar) from the Klong Toei ferry dock, and landed on the Bang Krachao side. Turned left as I stepped off the pier, walked not more than 20 metres and there's a tiny gate where the nightman welcome us.
We walked into a green property that is not less than 5 hectares, in the shape of a rectangle with one of the short sides bordering the river (where the ferry is) and the other bordering one of the roads in Bangkrachao. He walked us across the property to our tent. The tent was spacious (I'm six feet and could easily stand inside) and included a fan, little table, two bottled waters and a light. We asked where we could get dinner and he kindly offered to go buy it for us. We handed over about six dollars and he went to fetch some Thai basil chicken with rice. We asked for directions to the pool and headed over for a late night swim, it was fantastic.
The tent was a little warm of course, but it's Thailand. I still feel asleep within minutes. I woke up a little sore but again, it's camping so that's kind of part of the experience.
When we woke up, we walked back over to the little gate and right at the ferry terminal is a bike rental shop. We rented two bikes for about 2 dollars each, and then biked around Bangkok's Green Lung for a few hours, including stops for coffee, breakfast and food. Highlights for the uninitiated are the new temple with the giant statue of Ganesh, the not-so floating market in the center of the island and the national park near Punntara.
The property also includes several beautiful pool villas (which are really quite big) and are located near the river-side. The tent area is immediately after the pool villas and is on a man-made lake that is surrounded by other buildings. The other end of the property has a coffee shop with siamese fighting fish breeding. It is also used for pre-wedding pictures for couples.
2017年3月 | 2泊滞在
Beautiful grounds, easy to get to”
We stayed in the tentd, it was a good setup but make sure your tent gets some shade during the day.
Easy access to the ferry and bike rental.
The staff were super nice and the owners were very helpful.
2016年2月 | 2泊滞在
Location, privatcy, surrounding
Perfact for a loner, perfact place to finish your reading, so close to the park and a dream for those who love cycling around.
2015年11月 | 2泊滞在
Oasis Near Bangkok for Nature Lovers”
Nature, Landscape architecture, Location
1. Beautiful garden, landscape design, lots of birds & beasts. Highly recommended for nature lovers.
2. Located very close to the business area of Bangkok, just across the Chao Phraya river.
3. Good quality local food, surprisingly cheap room service.
4. Can borrow a bicycle to play around Bangkrachao area. Don't miss the Sri Nakorn Kuen Khan park, real Oasis!
5. Good Internet Connection.
1. A solo traveler should be prepared for an indirectly interview; reason of coming alone? occupation? and so on. Think positively, This is for a security reason paid with the price of customer's privacy. Something like this could also happen elsewhere in Thailand but not in the developed countries.
2. Desk & Refrigerator are mentioned in the "Room Features" of the Superior room type; but not provided
This place is meant for a retreat not a super equipped business hotel, so
1. No hair dryer, should bring along if you need one.
2. The shower is strong but a little difficult to adjust the right temperature, esp. in the morning time.
3. LCD TV is provided but no signal and DVD player is not quite functioning.