The house of Kumo Gion was established in the Japanese Samurai era, more than 100 years ago. The building date is unclear, as the official record of Kyoto buildings are only dated up to the 4th Taisho year (1915). The previous owner was once a geisha, and the house was inherited from the Edo period for five Geisha generations operated as the tea house (Ochaya). When guests come to the house, the Maiko and Geisha will carry out a performance. The first floor is the performance area, and the second floor is the place where the Maiko and geisha can dress up. The structure and decorations are designed for Geisha’s daily life. On the first floor, there is a living room, kitchen, garden, two toilets and a bathroom with views of the garden. On the second floor there are two Japanese bedrooms. The Japanese ceilings of the two rooms upstairs are very old and separately designed according to the patterns of cabin and Maiko singing field. Illuminators in the house are antique lamps of the Taisho period, and some of their designs are inspired by Geisha culture in Gion. They also selected Kyoto specialties like Nishijin Kimono belt with colorful but traditional patterns to decorate the bedrooms.