More about Lewisville
Discovering Lewisville: Fun Facts and Reasons to Visit
Located in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Lewisville is a vibrant city with a rich history and a thriving cultural scene. Did you know that this city was originally named Holford Prairie, after the first settler who arrived in the area in the 1840s? Today, Lewisville is a bustling hub of activity, offering visitors a wide range of attractions and activities to enjoy.
There are many reasons to visit Lewisville, whether you're a history buff, a nature lover, or a foodie. The city is home to several historic sites, including the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area, which offers visitors a chance to explore the natural beauty of the area. You can also visit the Lewisville Historical Society Museum, which features exhibits on the city's past, or take a stroll through Old Town Lewisville, where you can see historic buildings and charming shops.
If you're looking for a more modern experience, Lewisville has plenty to offer as well. The city is home to several shopping centers, including Vista Ridge Mall, which features over 140 stores and restaurants. You can also catch a movie at the Cinemark 15 Vista Ridge theater, or enjoy a round of golf at one of the city's many golf courses.
Getting to Lewisville: Tips for Travelers
Lewisville is conveniently located just 20 minutes north of downtown Dallas, making it an easy destination to reach by car or public transportation. If you're flying into the area, the closest airport is Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, which is about 15 miles from Lewisville. From the airport, you can take a taxi or ride-sharing service to your hotel, or rent a car and drive yourself.
If you're driving to Lewisville, there are several major highways that pass through the area, including I-35E, which runs north-south through the city, and State Highway 121, which connects Lewisville to other major highways in the area. Keep in mind that traffic in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex can be heavy, especially during rush hour, so plan accordingly.
Top Things to Do in Lewisville: A Guide for Travelers
There's no shortage of things to see and do in Lewisville, whether you're traveling solo, with friends, or with family. Here are some of the top attractions to put on your itinerary:
- Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area: This 2,000-acre nature preserve is a must-visit for outdoor enthusiasts. You can hike, bike, fish, and bird-watch in the park, or take a guided tour to learn more about the local flora and fauna.
- Old Town Lewisville: This historic district is home to charming shops, restaurants, and galleries, as well as several festivals and events throughout the year. Be sure to check out the MCL Grand Theater, which hosts live performances and concerts.
- Vista Ridge Mall: If you're in the mood for shopping, Vista Ridge Mall has everything from department stores to specialty shops. You can also grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants in the mall.
- Lewisville Lake Park: This 622-acre park is a popular spot for picnics, hiking, and swimming. You can also rent a boat or jet ski and explore the lake, or try your hand at fishing.
- Coyote Drive-In: This outdoor movie theater is a fun and unique way to catch a flick. You can park your car and watch the movie on a giant screen, or bring a blanket and sit on the grass.
Why Book with Agoda.com: Hotels in Lewisville
When it comes to finding the perfect hotel in Lewisville, Agoda.com has you covered. We offer a wide range of accommodations to suit every budget and preference, from budget-friendly motels to luxurious resorts. Here are some of the top hotels to consider for your stay in Lewisville:
- Motel 6-Lewisville, TX - Dallas: This budget-friendly motel offers clean and comfortable rooms, as well as free Wi-Fi and parking. It's conveniently located near several major highways and attractions.
- Courtyard Dallas Lewisville: This modern hotel features spacious rooms with plush bedding, as well as a fitness center, outdoor pool, and on-site restaurant. It's located near Vista Ridge Mall and other shopping centers.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lewisville, TX: This charming hotel offers cozy rooms with free Wi-Fi and breakfast, as well as a fitness center and outdoor pool. It's located near Old Town Lewisville and the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area.
- Extended Stay America Suites - Dallas - Lewisville: This hotel is ideal for longer stays, with spacious suites that feature fully equipped kitchens and separate living areas. It's located near several major corporations and business parks.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas Lewisville: This modern hotel features comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and breakfast, as well as a fitness center and outdoor pool. It's located near several major highways and attractions.
The Best Time to Visit Lewisville: A Seasonal Guide
Lewisville has a humid subtropical climate, with hot summers and mild winters. The best time to visit the city depends on your interests and preferences. If you're looking for outdoor activities, the spring and fall are ideal, with mild temperatures and plenty of sunshine. The summer can be hot and humid, but it's also a great time to enjoy the city's lakes and water parks.
If you're interested in festivals and events, Lewisville has plenty to offer year-round. The city hosts several music festivals, including Western Days and Sounds of Lewisville, as well as the annual Holiday Stroll and Independence Day celebration. Be sure to check the city's event calendar to see what's happening during your visit.
Where to Stay in Lewisville: A Neighborhood Guide
Lewisville has several neighborhoods that offer different experiences for travelers. Here are some of the top areas to consider for your stay:
- Old Town Lewisville: This historic district is ideal for travelers who want to be close to the city's cultural attractions, including museums, galleries, and theaters. It's also home to several restaurants and shops.
- Vista Ridge Mall: This neighborhood is ideal for travelers who want to be close to shopping and dining options, as well as major highways for easy access to other parts of the city.
- Lake Lewisville: This area is ideal for travelers who want to be close to the city's lakes and outdoor activities, including hiking, fishing, and boating. It's also home to several parks and nature preserves.
Exploring the Cuisine of Lewisville: What to Eat
Lewisville has a diverse culinary scene, with everything from classic Texas barbecue to international cuisine. Here are some of the top dishes to try during your visit:
- Barbecue: Texas is famous for its barbecue, and Lewisville has several restaurants that serve up mouth-watering brisket, ribs, and pulled pork. Check out Hard Eight BBQ or Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q for some of the best in the city.
- Tex-Mex: No trip to Texas is complete without trying Tex-Mex cuisine. Lewisville has several restaurants that serve up delicious tacos, enchiladas, and fajitas, including Cristina's Fine Mexican Restaurant and El Fenix.
- Craft beer: Lewisville has a thriving craft beer scene, with several breweries and taprooms that offer a wide range of local and regional brews. Check out Cobra Brewing Company or Witherspoon Distillery for some of the best in the city.
Traveling Around Lewisville: A Guide to Transportation
The best way to get around Lewisville is by car, as the city is spread out and public transportation options are limited. If you're flying into the area, you can rent a car at the airport or take a taxi or ride-sharing service to your hotel.
If you don't want to rent a car, there are several taxi and ride-sharing services available in the area, including Uber and Lyft. You can also take the DCTA A-train, which connects Lewisville to other cities in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, including Denton and Dallas. Keep in mind that the A-train has limited hours and may not be the most convenient option for all travelers.