Agoda in the News
Agoda Celebrates the Thailand Tennis Open with Extra Discounts on Hotels
SINGAPORE August 30, 2007
To celebrate Southeast Asia's premiere tennis event, the Thailand Open 2007, Agoda Company, an online travel and discount hotel bookings website, has arranged special discounts at hotels near the venue.
In line with the organizing committee's dedication to keeping ticket prices low, Agoda.com has sourced the best possible rates for fans at a selection of mid–range to luxury hotels during the tournament period of 22nd to 30th September.
For tennis lovers who reside in the region, the Thailand Open is a must–see event, and this year is sure to cause a 'racquet' with five of the world's top 10 male tennis players. Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic Andy Roddick, Tomas Berdych and Tommy Haas have all confirmed for the event in addition to Thai sensation Paradorn Srichaphan.
As the third annual Thailand Open hits off, the question on everyone's lips is: will Thai favorite Paradorn Srichaphan defeat the likes of the Association of Tennis Professional's world number two player Rafael Nadal on his home turf?
Whilst Paradorn has yet to claim the title, he made the semi–finals last year only to be ousted by the world's highest ranking player, Roger Federer. Paradorn has said he would prefer to claim the Thailand Open title rather than win a Tennis Grand Slam.
With such an exciting line–up and with ticket prices starting as low as USD $9 per day, regional tennis fans shouldn't miss the Thailand Open 2007, especially since Agoda has made the trip to Bangkok even more attractive with special rates at the following hotels:
• Sofitel Centara Bangkok (5–star accommodation starting at USD$88)
• Miracle Grand Convention Hotel (4–star accommodation starting at USD$65)
• Amari Don Muang Hotel (4–star accommodation starting at USD$42)
• Quality Suites Hotel (3.5 star accommodation starting at USD$34)
For visitors from neighboring countries to Thailand, the event also provides an opportunity to explore or vacation at some of the country’s most popular beach spots. Agoda has unbeatable deals for resorts on the beautiful islands of Koh Samet and Koh Chang, as well as the popular seaside towns Hua Hin and Pattaya. All are within a 2–4 hour journey from Bangkok. They include:
• Mooban Talay Resort, Koh Samet (3–star with rates starting at USD$108)
• Koh Chang Paradise, Koh Chang(3.5 star hotel with rates starting at USD$118)
• Siam Bayshore, Pattaya (4 star hotel with rates starting at USD$101)
• Anantara, Hua Hin (5 star boutique resort with rates starting at USD$246 in addition to a double reward points bonus with Agoda on all bookings)