Please note that to reach the guest house at Gulhi Island, a public ferryboat or chartered speedboat can be arranged by the guesthouse for which payment will be collected upon check-in. Please contact the guesthouse directly to arrange your transfer at least 72 hours prior to your arrival or indicate this under Special Requests when booking. Your arrival and departure flight details and full names of travelling party will be required.
- Ferryboat takes around 80 minutes to reach Gulhi Island and costs approximately USD 2 per person for a single trip (one way) .
- Ferryboat departs from Villingili Ferry Terminal (MTCC terminal) in Malé at 15:00 hours.
- Ferry departs from Gulhi Island at 08:00 hours.
- Please note that there are no ferry services on Fridays
- Speedboat takes 30 minutes to reach Gulhi Island and costs approximately USD 175 per trip. Night time transfers costs around USD 200 per trip.
- Shared speedboat transfer for a surcharge of approximately USD 30-50 per person for a minimum of 5 persons in a group.
- Advance booking is required for speedboat transfers.
Orchid Island Lodge is located in the beautiful local island of Gulhi, Maldives. Please note that in local inhabited islands, the government regulations require that visitors or locals dress modestly while in the public areas. However, the hotel can arrange excursions to picnic islands for guests where these restrictions are not applied.