Built in the early 1900's, Paradores Del Castillo was restored in the late 2013, still adhering to the footprint and Spanish-American Colonial style pf the Filipino bahay-na-bato. It was completed on March 9, 2015 and called Paradores del Castillo because of the Spanish practice of transforming old castles, monasteries and historic buildings into government-run luxury hotels. Parar or para means to stop and stay. The Spanish-Filipino surname del Castillo also means "castle". Thus, the property's name literally means, "stop at castle."
This property is located a few meters from the historic "Casa V," the home of the Villavicencio revolutionary figures; the San Lorenzo Ruiz steps leading to the Virgin of Caysasay Church; the Taal Public Market; the St. Martin de Tours Basilica; and the museums on Agoncillo Street.
Guests can enjoy the garden with a panaromic view of the adjacent towns of Lemery, Calaca, Balayan Bay, the Pansipit River, and the Virgin of Caysasay Church.
The Family Suites are located on a separate property, just a 5 minute walk / 2 minute car ride from the main hotel.