More about Piliyandala Area
Discover the Hidden Gems of Piliyandala Area in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Piliyandala Area is a hidden gem in Colombo, Sri Lanka that is worth exploring. This area is known for its natural beauty, lush greenery, and serene surroundings. It is a perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy some peace and quiet. Piliyandala Area is located just a few kilometers away from Colombo, making it easily accessible for travelers. One of the most interesting facts about Piliyandala Area is that it is home to several ancient temples that date back to the 14th century. These temples are a must-visit for anyone interested in history and culture.
Top Reasons to Visit Piliyandala Area for Your Next Vacation
Piliyandala Area is a great destination for travelers who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. The area is known for its natural beauty, and there are plenty of opportunities for hiking and exploring the surrounding forests. In addition to the natural beauty, Piliyandala Area is also home to several ancient temples that are worth visiting. The area is also known for its delicious food, and there are plenty of local restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy traditional Sri Lankan cuisine.
How to Get to Piliyandala Area: Your Ultimate Guide
Getting to Piliyandala Area is easy, as it is located just a few kilometers away from Colombo. The best way to get to Piliyandala Area is by taxi or tuk-tuk. If you are coming from the airport, you can also arrange for a private transfer. Another option is to take the train to Piliyandala Station, which is located in the heart of the area. From there, you can easily explore the surrounding area on foot or by tuk-tuk.
10 Fun Things to Do in Piliyandala Area for Tourists
There are plenty of fun things to do in Piliyandala Area for tourists. Here are some of the top activities and attractions:
1. Visit the ancient temples: Piliyandala Area is home to several ancient temples that date back to the 14th century. These temples are a must-visit for anyone interested in history and culture.
2. Explore the surrounding forests: The area is known for its natural beauty, and there are plenty of opportunities for hiking and exploring the surrounding forests.
3. Visit the local markets: Piliyandala Area is home to several local markets where you can find traditional Sri Lankan handicrafts and souvenirs.
4. Enjoy traditional Sri Lankan cuisine: The area is known for its delicious food, and there are plenty of local restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy traditional Sri Lankan cuisine.
5. Take a tuk-tuk ride: Tuk-tuks are a popular mode of transportation in Sri Lanka, and taking a ride in one is a fun and unique experience.
6. Visit the local beaches: Piliyandala Area is located just a few kilometers away from some of the best beaches in Sri Lanka, including Mount Lavinia Beach and Wadduwa Beach.
7. Take a boat ride: There are plenty of opportunities for boat rides in the area, including rides on the nearby Bolgoda Lake.
8. Visit the local tea plantations: Sri Lanka is known for its tea, and there are several tea plantations in the area that are worth visiting.
9. Attend a local festival: Piliyandala Area is home to several festivals throughout the year, including the Piliyandala Perahera.
10. Relax and unwind: Piliyandala Area is a great place to relax and unwind, and there are plenty of opportunities to do so, including visiting a local spa or taking a yoga class.
Why Book Your Piliyandala Area Hotel with Agoda.com
Agoda.com is the best place to book your Piliyandala Area hotel. With Agoda.com, you can find the best deals on hotels in the area and book with confidence. Agoda.com offers a wide selection of hotels in Piliyandala Area, including Castle Colombo, The Domain, Everest Rooms, KDU Guest House, and Grand 7 Hotel Kesbewa. Agoda.com also offers 24/7 customer support, so you can rest assured that you will have help if you need it.
The Best Time to Visit Piliyandala Area: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Piliyandala Area is from December to March, which is the dry season in Sri Lanka. During this time, the weather is mild and pleasant, making it perfect for outdoor activities. However, if you are looking for lower hotel rates, you may want to consider visiting during the off-season, which is from April to November. During this time, the weather is still warm, but there may be occasional rain showers.
Expert Tips for Travelers to Piliyandala Area
Here are some expert tips for travelers to Piliyandala Area:
1. Respect local customs: Sri Lanka is a conservative country, so it is important to dress modestly and respect local customs.
2. Take precautions against mosquitos: Sri Lanka is known for its mosquitos, so be sure to bring plenty of insect repellent and take other precautions to avoid bites.
3. Be cautious when using public transportation: Public transportation in Sri Lanka can be crowded and chaotic, so be sure to take precautions to keep your belongings safe.
4. Try the local cuisine: Sri Lankan cuisine is delicious, so be sure to try some of the local dishes while you are in Piliyandala Area.
5. Learn some basic phrases in Sinhala: Sinhala is the local language in Sri Lanka, so learning some basic phrases can be helpful when communicating with locals.
Where to Stay in Piliyandala Area: Accommodation Guide
There are plenty of great hotels to choose from in Piliyandala Area. Here are some of the top options:
1. Castle Colombo: This hotel is located in the heart of Piliyandala Area and offers comfortable rooms and great amenities.
2. The Domain: This hotel is known for its beautiful surroundings and serene atmosphere.
3. Everest Rooms: This hotel offers affordable rooms and great service.
4. KDU Guest House: This guest house is located on the outskirts of Piliyandala Area and offers a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
5. Grand 7 Hotel Kesbewa: This hotel is located just a few kilometers away from Piliyandala Area and offers great amenities and comfortable rooms.
What to Eat in Piliyandala Area: A Foodie's Guide
Piliyandala Area is known for its delicious food, and there are plenty of local restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy traditional Sri Lankan cuisine. Here are some of the top dishes to try:
1. Rice and curry: Rice and curry is a staple dish in Sri Lanka and is usually served with a variety of curries and side dishes.
2. Kottu roti: Kottu roti is a popular street food in Sri Lanka that is made with chopped roti, vegetables, and meat.
3. Hoppers: Hoppers are a type of pancake that is made with rice flour and coconut milk and is usually served with curry.
4. String hoppers: String hoppers are a type of noodle that is made with rice flour and is usually served with curry.
5. Pol sambol: Pol sambol is a spicy coconut relish that is often served with rice and curry.
Getting Around Piliyandala Area: Transportation Guide
The best way to get around Piliyandala Area is by tuk-tuk or taxi. Tuk-tuks are a popular mode of transportation in Sri Lanka and are a fun and unique way to explore the area. If you prefer a more comfortable and private mode of transportation, you can also arrange for a taxi. Another option is to rent a car, but keep in mind that driving in Sri Lanka can be challenging, especially if you are not used to driving on the left side of the road.