Australians are more excited about going on holiday than having sex, according to a new survey by Agoda.com – one of the world’s fastest growing digital travel platforms.
It seems the giddy feeling of excitement when you’re going on a holiday is the ultimate buzz for most Australians (57%), beating sex (25%), exercising (7%), a big night out (6%) and consuming a strawberry dipped in chocolate (5%).
For Aussie women, the thought of a night of passion for Australian women pales into insignificance (13%) when there is a holiday on the cards (69%). While Aussie males also get a bigger buzz from holidays (45%) still 36% are committed to sex.
Surprisingly, for a nation of sports lovers, only 7% of Australians claimed exercise gave them a buzz. Incredibly 5% of Australians would rather indulge in a strawberry dipped in chocolate than sex or a holiday, and this rises to 12% of South Australians!
- The travel bug has spread among Aussies over 55 – 64% say they get their greatest buzz from a holiday, compared to 46% of 18-24 year olds
- The 45-54 year old group gets a bigger buzz from sex (30%) versus 20% for 18-24 year olds
- New South Wales, Western Australia and Victoria – 59% get their biggest buzz from the thought of a holiday
- 18-24 year old top three buzzes are holiday (46%), sex (20%) and big night out (17%)
- The most enthused by exercise (10%) are 18-24 and 25-34 year olds
- More South Australians gets a buzz from the anticipation of sex at 28%, versus Queensland and Western Australia at 27%, New South Wales 23% and Victoria 21%
The independent survey of 1,000 Australians* is part of a campaign which sees Agoda giving Aussies the chance to win points to be redeemed against flights through its Agoda PointsMAX program.
2.5 million points are up for grabs in the #moreholidaybuzz campaign which simply asks Aussies to share a photo that captures that feeling of excitement they get before they go on vacation – what we call the holiday buzz – and post it on Instagram.