More about Quezon
Discover the Hidden Gems: Fun Facts About Quezon in Palawan, Philippines
Quezon is a municipality located in the southern part of Palawan, Philippines. It is known for its picturesque landscapes and exciting attractions that are perfect for travelers looking for a tropical paradise. However, Quezon is not just a typical tourist destination. It has a rich history and culture that make it unique in its own way.
One of the fun facts about Quezon is that it was named after the late President Manuel L. Quezon, who was known for his contributions to the country's independence. Another interesting fact is that it is home to the Tabon Caves, which is considered as the "Cradle of Philippine Civilization." The caves are known for its archaeological finds, including the remains of the Tabon Man, which is believed to be the oldest human remains in the Philippines.
Top Reasons Why You Should Visit Quezon in Palawan, Philippines
Quezon is a hidden gem in Palawan that offers a unique and unforgettable experience for travelers. Here are some of the top reasons why you should visit Quezon:
1. Breathtaking Landscapes - Quezon is blessed with stunning landscapes that are perfect for nature lovers. The municipality is home to lush forests, crystal clear rivers, and pristine beaches that are perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and diving.
2. Rich Culture and History - Quezon has a rich culture and history that is worth exploring. The municipality is home to several historical landmarks, including the Quezon Municipal Hall, which was built during the American colonial period.
3. Delicious Food - Quezon is known for its delicious local cuisine that is a fusion of Filipino and Malay dishes. Travelers can try the famous "Adobong Palaka," a local delicacy made of frog meat cooked in soy sauce and vinegar.
4. Exciting Festivals - Quezon is home to several festivals that showcase the municipality's culture and traditions. The most popular festival is the "Pista Y Ang Kaniyog," which is celebrated every August and features street dancing, parades, and cultural shows.
How to Go to Quezon: A Guide to Hassle-Free Travel
Getting to Quezon is easy and hassle-free. The most convenient way is to take a flight to Puerto Princesa City, which is the capital of Palawan. From there, travelers can take a van or bus to Quezon, which takes around 2-3 hours.
Another option is to take a ferry from Manila to Coron, which is a popular tourist destination in Palawan. From Coron, travelers can take a van or bus to Quezon, which takes around 4-5 hours.
Unforgettable Fun Things to Do in Quezon, Palawan
Quezon offers a wide range of activities that are perfect for travelers looking for an adventure. Here are some of the fun things to do in Quezon:
1. Island Hopping - Quezon is home to several islands that are perfect for island hopping. Travelers can visit the famous Arena Island, which is known for its white sand beaches and crystal clear waters.
2. River Cruise - The Quezon River is a popular destination for river cruises. Travelers can enjoy a relaxing boat ride while admiring the stunning scenery and wildlife.
3. Snorkeling and Diving - Quezon is known for its rich marine life, making it a perfect destination for snorkeling and diving. Travelers can explore the underwater world and discover colorful corals, fishes, and other sea creatures.
4. Trekking - Quezon is home to several mountains that are perfect for trekking. Travelers can hike to Mount Mantalingahan, which is the highest peak in Palawan and offers a stunning view of the surrounding landscapes.
Why Use Agoda.com to Book a Hotel in Quezon, Palawan
Agoda.com is the best website to book a hotel in Quezon, Palawan. Here are some of the reasons why:
1. Wide Selection of Hotels - Agoda.com offers a wide selection of hotels in Quezon that cater to different budgets and preferences. Travelers can choose from luxury resorts to budget-friendly accommodations.
2. Best Price Guarantee - Agoda.com offers the best price guarantee, ensuring that travelers get the best deals on their hotel bookings.
3. Easy Booking Process - Agoda.com has a user-friendly booking process that makes it easy and convenient for travelers to book their hotels online.
4. 24/7 Customer Service - Agoda.com has a 24/7 customer service team that is always ready to assist travelers with their hotel bookings and other travel needs.
The Best Time to Visit Quezon, Palawan: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Quezon is from December to May, which is the dry season in Palawan. During this season, travelers can enjoy sunny weather and clear skies, making it perfect for outdoor activities.
The rainy season in Palawan starts from June to November, which is also the typhoon season. Travelers should avoid visiting Quezon during this season as it may cause inconvenience and delay in travel.
Expert Tips for Travelers Planning to Visit Quezon, Palawan
Here are some expert tips for travelers planning to visit Quezon, Palawan:
1. Bring Sun Protection - Quezon is a tropical destination, and the sun can be harsh. Travelers should bring sun protection, including sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats.
2. Bring Insect Repellent - Quezon is also home to several insects and mosquitoes. Travelers should bring insect repellent to avoid insect bites.
3. Respect the Culture and Traditions - Quezon is a place with rich culture and traditions. Travelers should respect the local customs and practices, including dress codes and behavior in public places.
Where to Stay in Quezon, Palawan: The Best Hotels and Resorts
Quezon offers a wide selection of hotels and resorts that cater to different budgets and preferences. Here are some of the best hotels and resorts in Quezon:
1. Mithi Resort and Spa Bohol - This resort offers a luxurious and relaxing experience for travelers. It features a spa, outdoor pool, and restaurant that serves delicious local and international cuisine.
2. Summer's Place - This budget-friendly hotel offers comfortable and clean accommodations for travelers. It features a restaurant and bar that serves local and international dishes.
What to Eat in Quezon, Palawan: A Foodie's Guide
Quezon is known for its delicious local cuisine that is a fusion of Filipino and Malay dishes. Here are some of the must-try dishes in Quezon:
1. Adobong Palaka - This local delicacy made of frog meat cooked in soy sauce and vinegar is a must-try for adventurous foodies.
2. Kinilaw - This dish is made of raw fish marinated in vinegar, onions, and spices. It is a popular appetizer in Quezon.
3. Seafood - Quezon is known for its fresh seafood, including crabs, prawns, and fishes. Travelers can try the famous "sinigang sa sampaloc," a sour soup made of seafood and tamarind.
How to Travel Around Quezon, Palawan: A Comprehensive Guide
Traveling around Quezon is easy and convenient. Here are some of the transportation options available:
1. Tricycle - Tricycles are the most common mode of transportation in Quezon. They are cheap and convenient, making it easy for travelers to explore the municipality.
2. Van - Vans are also available for hire in Quezon. They are perfect for group travel and can take travelers to different destinations within the municipality.
3. Motorbike - Motorbikes are also available for rent in Quezon. They are perfect for solo travelers who want to explore the municipality at their own pace.