More about Drama Department
Discover the Hidden Gems of Drama, Greece
Located in the northeastern part of Greece, Drama is a hidden gem that is often overlooked by tourists. The city is surrounded by lush forests, beautiful mountains, and crystal-clear lakes, offering visitors a unique experience that is hard to find anywhere else in the country.
One of the most interesting things about Drama is its rich history. The city was founded in the 5th century BC and has been inhabited by various civilizations over the years, including the Romans, Byzantines, and Ottomans. Today, visitors can explore the city's ancient ruins, including the Roman aqueduct and the Byzantine walls.
Another hidden gem of Drama is its wine culture. The city is home to several vineyards that produce high-quality wines, including the famous Xinomavro variety. Visitors can take a wine tour and taste some of the best wines in Greece while enjoying the beautiful scenery of the vineyards.
Top Reasons Why Drama Should Be Your Next Travel Destination
Drama is a perfect destination for travelers looking for a unique experience in Greece. Here are some of the top reasons why you should consider visiting Drama:
- Natural Beauty: Drama is surrounded by stunning natural landscapes, including the Falakro Mountain, the Nestos River, and the Kerkini Lake. Visitors can enjoy hiking, biking, and kayaking in these beautiful locations.
- Rich History: Drama has a long and fascinating history that can be explored through its ancient ruins, museums, and cultural events.
- Wine Culture: Drama is known for its high-quality wines, and visitors can take a wine tour and taste some of the best wines in Greece.
- Local Cuisine: Drama has a unique culinary scene that combines traditional Greek flavors with local ingredients. Visitors can taste delicious dishes such as the famous Drama sausage and the local cheese varieties.
Explore the Best Things to Do in Drama, Greece
Drama offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors of all ages. Here are some of the best things to do in Drama:
- Visit the Ancient Theater of Philippi: The theater was built in the 4th century BC and is one of the best-preserved ancient theaters in Greece. Visitors can enjoy a guided tour and learn about the theater's history and architecture.
- Explore the Forest Park of Aggitis: The park is located near the Nestos River and offers visitors a unique opportunity to explore the local flora and fauna. Visitors can also enjoy hiking, biking, and picnicking in the park.
- Take a Wine Tour: Drama is known for its high-quality wines, and visitors can take a wine tour and taste some of the best wines in Greece. Some of the best vineyards to visit include the Ktima Pavlidis and the Ktima Kir-Yianni.
- Visit the Archaeological Museum of Drama: The museum houses a collection of artifacts from the city's ancient past, including pottery, sculptures, and jewelry.
Traveling to Drama Made Easy: A Comprehensive Guide
Getting to Drama is easy, and there are several transportation options available. Here's a comprehensive guide to traveling to Drama:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Drama is the Kavala International Airport, which is located about 70 kilometers away. Visitors can take a taxi or a bus from the airport to Drama.
- By Bus: Drama is well-connected by bus to other major cities in Greece, including Thessaloniki and Athens. Visitors can take a bus from the KTEL bus station in these cities to Drama.
- By Car: Visitors can also rent a car and drive to Drama. The city is located about 600 kilometers from Athens and about 150 kilometers from Thessaloniki.
Experience Drama like a Local: Tips and Tricks for Travelers
To experience Drama like a local, here are some tips and tricks for travelers:
- Learn a Few Greek Phrases: While English is widely spoken in Greece, learning a few basic Greek phrases can help you communicate better with the locals and make your experience more enjoyable.
- Try the Local Cuisine: Drama has a unique culinary scene that combines traditional Greek flavors with local ingredients. Visitors can taste delicious dishes such as the famous Drama sausage and the local cheese varieties.
- Attend Local Festivals: Drama hosts several festivals throughout the year, including the Wine Festival and the Carnival. Attending these festivals can give you a unique insight into the local culture and traditions.
Where to Stay and What to Eat in Drama, Greece
Drama offers a wide range of accommodation options for visitors, including hotels, guesthouses, and apartments. Here are some of the best places to stay in Drama:
- Hydrama Grand Hotel: Located in the heart of Drama, this hotel offers comfortable rooms and excellent amenities, including a restaurant, a bar, and a fitness center.
- Diamond City Living: This guesthouse is located in a quiet neighborhood in Drama and offers spacious rooms and a beautiful garden.
- Kouros Hotel: This hotel is located near the city center and offers modern rooms and excellent amenities, including a restaurant and a bar.
- Hotel Marianna: This hotel is located near the Ancient Theater of Philippi and offers comfortable rooms and a beautiful garden.
- Xenia Hotel Drama: This hotel is located near the city center and offers spacious rooms and excellent amenities, including a restaurant, a bar, and a fitness center.
When it comes to food, Drama has a unique culinary scene that combines traditional Greek flavors with local ingredients. Here are some of the best places to eat in Drama:
- To Koutouki tou Nikola: This taverna serves traditional Greek dishes, including the famous Drama sausage and the local cheese varieties.
- To Tsoukali: This restaurant serves delicious seafood dishes, including fresh fish and octopus.
- To Perasma: This restaurant serves traditional Greek dishes with a modern twist, using local ingredients and flavors.
- Oinomageiremata: This restaurant serves high-quality wines and delicious Greek dishes, including meat and vegetable dishes.
Drama, Greece is a hidden gem that offers visitors a unique experience that is hard to find anywhere else in the country. With its stunning natural landscapes, rich history, and unique culinary scene, Drama is a perfect destination for travelers looking for a unique experience in Greece. Whether you're interested in exploring ancient ruins, tasting high-quality wines, or enjoying outdoor activities, Drama has something for everyone. And with a wide range of accommodation options available on Agoda.com, booking a hotel in Drama has never been easier.