Terms and conditions
The following provisions form the basis of the Agoda Rewards Program. These provisions are intended to protect you, the members of Agoda Rewards, Agoda Company Pte Ltd [Agoda], participating members of the Agoda Travel Network and its affiliate companies. Your participation in the program will be governed by these provisions, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them. For more information, please contact the Agoda Rewards Service Center or a participating site in the Agoda Travel Network, including agoda.com.
By joining Agoda's Rewards Program, transacting points, or utilizing any aspect of the program, you agree to be bound by these guidelines. These program rules cannot be superseded or changed, except in writing from
1. Agoda Rewards membership and its benefits are offered at the discretion of Agoda Company Pte Ltd and its affiliated companies, and Agoda has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or rewards levels, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the Rewards Points already accumulated. Agoda may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any Members Only Special Offer; increase the points levels required for any hotel reservation; modify or regulate the transferability of Rewards Points or benefits; add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or limit the number of hotel reservations and special offers available on any or all properties. Agoda Rewards Members, in accumulating Rewards Points, may not rely upon the continued availability of a Special Offer or reward level, and members may not be able to obtain all Special Offers offered or use Rewards Points on all properties.
2. Participation in the Agoda Rewards Program (the "Program") is subject to any terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures ("Program Rules") that Agoda may, at its discretion, adopt from time to time. Agoda has the sole right to interpret and apply the Program Rules. Any failure to follow Program Rules, any abuse of Program privileges, any conduct detrimental to the interests of Agoda, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to Agoda or its affiliates by any member, or anyone else acting on the member's behalf, may result in the termination of his or her membership, the cancellation of accrued points, rewards or benefits, or both.
3. Agoda reserves the right to audit any and all Agoda Rewards accounts at any time for compliance with the Program Rules, without notice to the Program member. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations, the processing of award redemption requests may be delayed pending completion of the audit.
4. Each member shall be responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program Rules and the amount of Rewards Points in his or her account. Agoda shall attempt to advise active members of various matters of interest through such means as may be appropriate, such as account summaries, newsletters and its website, but Agoda shall have no liability for any failure to do so.
5. The accumulation of Rewards Points and the redemption of those points are subject to specific Program Rules enacted by Agoda. Each member is responsible for reading those materials in order to understand his or her rights and responsibilities under the Program. No points, benefits, rewards earned or granted under the Program may be transferred or assigned.
6. The Agoda Rewards Program is maintained for the benefit and participation of individual members only. Only individuals are eligible for Agoda Rewards membership, and each member may maintain only one account. Duplicate accounts will be subject to cancellation.
Only the member named on the account will be entitled access to personal account information. Affiliate partners of Agoda and staff of Priceline.com, Agoda Company Ltd., Agoda Company Pte. Ltd. or any wholly owned subsidiaries of these companies are not eligible to participate in the Agoda Rewards Program.
7. ACCRUED REWARDS POINTS DO NOT CONSTITUTE PROPERTY OF A MEMBER AND HAVE NO VALUE OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAM. REWARDS POINTS ARE CREDITS THAT AGODA MAY REVOKE AT ANY TIME AS SET FORTH HEREIN. REWARDS POINTS MAY BE NOT EXCHANGED FOR CASH, ASSIGNED, BARTERED, OR TRANSFERRED, EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, AND ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE UPON DEATH, AS PART OF A DOMESTIC RELATIONS MATTER, OR OTHERWISE BY OPERATION OF LAW.
9. Agoda reserves the right to discontinue the membership of any Member who uses the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any federal, state, provincial, territorial or local laws, statutes, by-laws, guidelines, or ordinances. Discontinued membership may result in the loss of all earned Rewards Points, benefits, and privileges. In addition to discontinuance of Program membership, Agoda shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
10. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Agoda reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Agoda's failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
11. All questions or disputes regarding an individual's eligibility for the Program, the earning, use, or conversion of Rewards Points, or a Member's compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by Agoda in its sole discretion.
12. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of Singapore irrespective of where the application for Membership has been completed by the Member or submitted to Agoda. In any action or other legal process with respect to any matter or thing in connection with these Terms and Conditions or Membership the Member submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Singapore.
14. The sale or barter of any such Rewards Points, awards or benefits other than by Agoda is expressly prohibited. Any Rewards Points, awards or benefits transferred, assigned or sold in violation of the Program Rules, in addition to exposing the member to the penalties otherwise associated with violations, may be confiscated or cancelled.
The use of hotel reservations that have been acquired by purchase, barter, or other conduct in violation of Program Rules may result in the cancellation of the reservations, denial of entry to the hotel with respect to the guest name the reservation is held under, and, at the discretion of Agoda, completion of the hotel stay only upon payment of an applicable rate.
15. Any member who fails at any time to engage in account activity for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months is subject to termination of his or her membership and forfeiture of all accrued Rewards Points.
16. "Account activity," for purposes of these Rules, shall be deemed to occur when a member accrues Rewards Points in his or her account in any manner set forth in these Rules, or as otherwise approved by Agoda, or when the member redeems any Agoda Rewards or partner award by the use of Rewards Points in the member's account.
17. Only members of Agoda Rewards are eligible to accrue Rewards Points in the Program by availing themselves of the means of accrual recognized under the Program. A member may not accrue Rewards Points for the utilization of services, whether hotel reservations or otherwise, by any other person, animal, object, or entity.
18. Currently, Rewards Points can be accrued by making a hotel reservation through agoda.com or any other website belonging to the Agoda Travel Network, by using an authorized credit card to pay for the reservation or purchase goods or services for Rewards Points may be accrued. Agoda expressly reserves the right to establish additional means of accruing Rewards Points, to delete any or all of the means currently recognized, or to exclude specific types of transactions from the accumulation of Rewards Points. To earn Rewards Points by making a hotel reservation, members must sign in by entering a valid username and password. Rewards Points will be credited to the member’s account only if the member has made at least one booking before 1st April 2014.
19. Rewards Points can be accrued only for hotel stays actually taken or performed by the member after the member's official enrollment date, and can be applied only to the member's account. Rewards Points accrued for a completed hotel reservation will be credited to the member's account 30 days after the departure date from the hotel. Rewards Points will be credited only for hotel reservations actually made by the member. Rewards Points will not be awarded for hotel cancellations.
20. Rewards Points may be accrued only for paid and completed hotel reservations on participating hotel properties. The amount of Rewards Points accrued shall be determined by the cash value paid by the member. The cash value is the amount charged to the member's credit card, adjusted for any refunds, charge backs, adjustments or unverifiable activity.
Premier Members shall accrue Rewards Points at the rate of 20 points for every dollar charged to their credit card. Elite75 Members shall accrue Rewards Points at the rate of 31.25 points for every dollar charged to their credit card.
21. If Agoda or any Agoda Rewards partner improperly denies a member an accrual or benefit, liability will be limited to the equivalent of that accrual or benefit.
22. Agoda Rewards Points will be credited only for qualifying published rates, and not for hotels where Agoda is contracted on a commission only basis, free accommodation, rentals or tickets, industry discounts, group rates or special promotional rates. Agoda Rewards Points will not be applied to any credit card charges made directly with the hotel.
23. Only the person contracting for hotel reservations receives Rewards Points credit for those services.
24. Agoda reserves the right to make bonus points and promotional offers selectively available to certain members at any time, based on reservation history and booking activity, geographic locations, program participation, or other factors determined at Agoda's sole discretion.
25 . Agoda will, in most cases, credit its members' accounts with accrued Rewards Points. However, each member shall have the responsibility to ensure that his or her Rewards Points are properly credited. Where a member contends that Rewards Points have been earned but not credited, or in cases where Agoda deems verification is required, Agoda reserves the right to require proof of accrual from the member, including but not limited to copies of receipts or similar documentation verifying any transaction claimed to have been performed. Any claims for Rewards Points by the member and proof of accrual must be received by Agoda within twelve months after the date such Rewards Points were claimed to be earned.
26. Rewards points accrued in a member's account shall be maintained in the account until they are redeemed for an award or until they expire, whichever occurs first.
27. Rewards points earned in one calendar year remain valid until December 31 of the next calendar year thereafter. Expiring points in each calendar year must be redeemed for an award by December 31. Expiring points that are not redeemed by December 31 are void and deleted from accounts. Accounts in which Rewards Point accrual ceases for a full 2-year period are designated as dormant and Agoda reserves the right to close the account after the expiration of any remaining Rewards Points.
In cases where Rewards Points are, for any reason, removed from an account, as for the redemption of awards, and later returned, the return of the Rewards Points to the account shall not count as account activity
28. The awards available to be redeemed and the amount of Rewards Points necessary to redeem each award will be set by Agoda and published to the members. Agoda shall establish the process for award redemption, but redemption shall basically mean the exchange of Rewards Points in a member's account for a specified award.
29. Points redeemed when purchasing a non-refundable booking will not be returned in case of cancellation.
30. Rewards Points earned in two or more different accounts may not be combined to redeem any award.
31. Agoda Rewards hotel reservations will be subject to the tariff, contract and accommodation policies of the property at which members are scheduled to stay.
32. The award structure is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at Agoda's discretion, with or without notice. The amount of Rewards Points required to redeem any award may be substantially increased, any award may be withdrawn, and restrictions on any award or its redemption may be imposed at any time. The accumulation of Rewards Points does not entitle Program members to any vested rights with respect to any awards or the Program. Awards shall be valid only on properties participating in the Agoda Rewards Program as determined by Agoda. Participating properties will clearly display the Agoda Rewards logo and the booking process will clearly show if Rewards Points are able to be redeemed or accrued. Agoda shall not be held liable for any changes that result in the cancellation of a participating property from the program.
33. Agoda will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences which may result from a Member's participation in the Program. Each Member is solely responsible for the payment of all taxes payable and benefits acquired as a result of such Member's participation in the Program and earning, conversion, holding and/or use of Rewards Points and for all applicable filing and reporting obligations. Members should consult with their tax advisors regarding the accumulation, conversion and use of Rewards Points.
34. Suppliers may be added to or removed from the Program at any time with or without notice. In the event that a Supplier is removed from the Program, the Member will still retain any Rewards Points remaining in the Member's Account that were earned through that Supplier.