Agoda aims to give travelers an all-inclusive travel experience, and providing up-to-date, detailed information about current travel conditions is part of the package. While we strive to keep United Kingdom Travel Requirements and Restrictions as current as possible through a host of reliable resources, travelers should confirm regulations through official government channels.
Anyone can enter the United Kingdom regardless of vaccination status. See information below for more details regarding international and domestic travel to England.
Vaccination Rate: 74% of the population has been fully vaccinated
Tourist Entry: Allowed
Determine your eligibility for travel
To determine your eligibility for travel, please refer to the following conditions and requirements for United Kingdom:
When you travel to England from abroad you:
– do not need to take any COVID-19 tests before you travel or after you arrive
– do not need to fill in a UK passenger locator form
– do not need to quarantine when you arrive
This applies whether you are vaccinated or not and includes people who are transiting through England.
You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:
– Pfizer BioNTech
– Janssen (single dose vaccine)
– Sinopharm Beijing
The day you have your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days. Formulations of these vaccines, such as AstraZeneca Covishield, AstraZeneca Vaxzevria and Moderna Takeda, also qualify as approved vaccines.
If you were vaccinated with a two-dose vaccine, or a combination of them, you must have had both doses to be considered fully vaccinated for travel to the UK. This applies in all cases, even if you have recently recovered from COVID-19 and have natural immunity. Those who have had COVID-19 and have had one dose of a two-dose vaccine must follow the rules for unvaccinated arrivals.
Where two doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you can:
– mix 2 different types of vaccines from the above list, for example Oxford/AstraZeneca and Sinopharm Beijing
– have the 2 vaccinations under 2 different approved programs, for example Australia and Japan, UK and USA, France and Canada
For single dose vaccines:
– If you had an approved one dose vaccine (the Janssen vaccine), you are fully vaccinated.
Businesses are open, and most restrictions have been removed.
Face masks are no longer required in public spaces, including on public transportation and in shops.
The government still recommends wearing face coverings in crowded spaces, particularly when meeting strangers.