MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is a Hollywood-inspired theme park in Dubai and one of the top attractions for families and visitors to the area. The theme park opened in 2016 and is operated by Dubai Parks and Resorts. MOTIONGATE™ Dubai has many themed areas and rides that provide guests with a fun way to engage with some of Hollywood’s best movie properties, including The Smurfs, Madagascar, and Shrek. Guests are encouraged to pick a zone, either Colombia Pictures, DreamWorks, Smurfs Village, or Lionsgate, and then make their way through the fun attractions in each area. Discover opening hours, package deals and how to buy tickets to MOTIONGATE™ Dubai.
What Visitors Need to Know About MOTIONGATE™ Dubai
MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is a large theme park that has many themed areas to explore, so visitors are encouraged to get to the park early in the day to make the best use of their time. The park is separated into several entertainment zones: DreamWorks Animation, Lionsgate, Columbia Pictures, Smurfs Village, and Studio Central. Within each area are special attractions related to the branded entertainment zone, so guests are encouraged to pick one zone and thoroughly make their way through the sites, instead of hopping around, as this will save them time and ensure that they don’t miss anything special.
Information about MOTIONGATE™ Dubai Zones
- The DreamWorks zone of MOTIONGATE™ Dubai includes attractions that feature favorite characters and worlds from the animated films Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Madagascar, and more. There are themed rides, live shows, and rollercoasters to enjoy in this area and it is a great zone for younger kids and adults.
- The Colombia Pictures zone offers up attractions based on Hotel Transylvania, Ghostbusters, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, among others. This area is full of fun rides and attractions that are entertaining for the whole family.
- The Lionsgate zone is a great area for fans of the Hunger Games and where they may even be able to catch a glimpse, or meet, some of the characters from the series or experience live performances based on the Step Up franchise. With thrilling rides in this area, as well as a 4d hovercraft simulator, this is the perfect area for older kids and adults.
- The Smurf Village zone is themed after the popular blue characters and features lively Smurf characters, their colorful mushroom houses. With outdoor and indoor play areas for kids, as well as plenty of kid-friendly rides, this a great choice for visitors who are traveling with younger children, or who are young at heart.
Handy Tips and Information about MOTIONGATE™ Dubai
- Hours of operation: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays; 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday to Wednesday.
- Visitors who wish to avoid large crowds should plan a visit during the week, if possible.
- Tickets can be pre-purchased online so visitors can avoid waiting in line at the park, and this may afford visitors some online discounts on prices.
- The best time of year to visit MOTIONGATE™ Dubai is between October to April, to avoid the time of year where the weather is the hottest in Dubai.
- Get to the park early in the day. The earlier guests arrive, the more time they have to enjoy the sites and, generally, the lines will be shorter earlier in the day.
- Guests should plan to spend at least four hours in the park, maybe more if they are traveling with small children or prefer to go at a slower pace.
- Park visitors who are traveling with children should plan ahead of time and determine which rides will be accessible for their kids, as some rides have height requirements that must be met prior to entry to the ride.
Check In to JA Beach Hotel, Step Out to Dubai
MOTIONGATE™ Dubai | Admission Information
Guests can choose several ticket types and prices range from 220 AED to 995 AED, depending on the number of theme parks visitors wish to see and the duration, with the most expensive options being for the yearly, multiple-park passes. For visitors who are simply wishing to visit MOTIONGATE™ Dubai while in Dubai, single-day tickets start at 220 AED and will increase depending on the day of the week chosen, with weekends generally being a more expensive time to visit the park. These are set tickets, which means visitors will have to stop at the park only on the day they purchased tickets for.
Discount tickets to MOTIONGATE™ Dubai
Visitors can save a little money by pre-purchasing their tickets online, or by choosing days of the week that are offered at a discount. Generally, the park will try to encourage visitors to stop by on days that are less busy by offering discounted ticket prices online. Single-day tickets include access to one theme park and visitors can enjoy the attractions all day long. Flexible tickets (tickets that aren’t for a set date) are available for guests and start at 275 AED. Children under three are able to enter the park for free.
Tickets purchased online will be e-mailed to the e-mail address provided by the guest and annual passes can be picked up at guest services, located at either MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, Legoland® Dubai, or Bollywood Parks Dubai.
Check In to Premier Inn Dubai Investment Park, Step Out to Dubai
Best Rides at MOTIONGATE™ Dubai
While there are plenty of things to do at MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, sometimes visitors are short on time or simply wish to ensure that they hit the best parts of the park. Here are some of the most exciting rides at MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, which is a great starting place for visitors who are planning a day at the park.
Capitol Bullet Train
Thrill-seekers will love this Hunger Games-themed half-pipe roller coaster bullet train. Strap in and get ready to feel the rush of excitement as guests are propelled along the 1,870-meter track that includes two inversions and top speeds of up to 80 kilometers per hour. Visitors should note that children must be accompanied by an adult on this coaster, and riders must be at least 130 centimeters tall to ride.
Madagascar Mad Pursuit
Madagascar Mad Pursuit is a thrilling coaster that is located entirely indoors and is one of the fastest in MOTIONGATE™ Dubai. Get ready for a trip through a wild circus as riders join their favorite characters from the animated series, Madagascar, in a wild dash to escape animal catcher, Blaise DuBois, at speeds of over 83 kilometers per hour. Children must be accompanied by an adult on this rollercoaster, and guests must be at least 125 centimeters tall to ride.
Smurf Village Express
This roller coaster is a great option for families as it takes riders through an adventure through the Smurf village along the Smurfy Express, exploring forest towns, mushroom houses, and farmyards as the sites sail by. Children must be accompanied by an adult on this ride, and guests must be at least 105 cm tall to ride.
Check In to MAISAN HOTEL, Step Out to Dubai
Great Hotels & Resorts Near MOTIONGATE™ Dubai
There is a great assortment of hotels and resorts near MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, and most are within a few minutes of the amusement park. With some hotels and resorts offering beach access, upscale amenities, shuttle services and more, visitors can be certain to have a great stay while in Dubai. Here are just some top hotels and resorts that are located near MOTIONGATE™ Dubai.
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a stunning hotel that’s located right along the Dubai Marina that provides the perfect accommodation to return to after a day of exploring at MOTIONGATE™ Dubai. With stunning views of the beach, as well as access, this luxury accommodation is a great choice for individuals who are traveling to Dubai for business, and those who are on a vacation in the area. Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, a fitness center, an outdoor swimming pool, massage services, and more. The hotel also offers airport transfer, car rental, and taxi services, and with great onsite dining, as well as 24 hour room service, there’s plenty to enjoy at this exceptional hotel.
Address: Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai Marina, Dubai
Rove At The Park
Rove At The Park is ideally situated minutes away from MOTIONGATE™ Dubai and offers a great value for visitors staying in Dubai and belongs to the Dubai Parks and Resorts family. Rove At The Park offers guests a great place to sit back and relax after a day spent touring and is a great fit for families, as well as travelers who hope to have great access to entertainment venues in the area. With free shuttle bus services to the Dubai parks in the area, guests won’t have to worry much about transportation. The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, as well as an outdoor pool, fitness center, table tennis, onsite restaurants and more.
Address: Dubai Parks and Resorts, Jebel Ali, Dubai
JA Lake View Hotel
JA Lake View Hotel offers an exceptional five-star hotel experience in Dubai. This luxury resort offers 348 suites and rooms for guests to choose from, and provides access to amazing amenities, including the JA Equestrian Center, the JA Marina, a private beach, spa services, and more. With free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas, guests can stay connected as they enjoy their trip and with airport transfer service, an onsite golf course, swimming pools, a waterpark and more, guests will have plenty to do between visits to MOTIONGATE™ Dubai. For the best in amenities, service, and accommodations, guests should consider a stay at JA Lake View Hotel during their visit to Dubai.
Address: JA The Resort, Exit No 13. Shaikh Zayed Road, Jebel Ali, Dubai
This post is also available in: العربية