Value for money simply amazing! In the centre of town, with beautiful rooms with a view, luxury and comfort, highly recommended!
A satisfactory stay”
Location of hotel is easy to find. Stuff were super friendly and helpful. Plus, I was given a free upgrade. Highly recommend this hotel.
The worst experience ever”
1. Ridiculous request that we must arrive before 6 pm, or else they would cancel the booking, despite the fact that there was no such clause on the booking page. The hotel phoned us on the day of arrival and upon learning that we might not be able to meet the 6 pm 'deadline', they blatantly asked us to transfer a significant amount of deposit to their wechat account. We refused to do so as arriving before 6 pm was not stated anywhere on the booking page, while they insisted that this was the hotel policy.
2. Told us the booking was cancelled when we arrived at the hotel. At around 6 pm, I received a text message from the hotel saying that if I do not reply in 5 min, they would cancel the booking. I phoned the number immediately yet it was busy and I texted the number that we are already outside the hotel. Despite replying within 5 min and walking into the hotel immediately thereafter, the hotel informed us that the booking was already cancelled without notifying us. I showed them the text and my reply, yet they were unrepentant and insisted that it was our fault.
3. Tried to re-accommodate us to other hotel for one night without even knowing or taking into consideration that we booked for a two-night stay. Did the hotel expect us to move from one place to another after staying for one night?
4. Dirty, noisy rooms. After long and frustrating negotiation, the hotel reversed their previous claim that there were no more rooms and shovelled us into two rooms at the worst location and with the worst condition possible. They were on the ground floor right next to the lift and we were constantly disrupted by noise late at night. The carpet in the rooms was extremely dirty, stewed with hair and fingernails. The rooms resembled nothing like the pictures shown on Agoda for this type of rooms.
5. Rude staff. Despite causing us so much trouble, the staff did not for once apologise and behaved like they had every right to ask customers for deposit that was not once mentioned on t
the hotel confirmation was not accept at the hotel and they ask double payment by cash!!”
I don't know how this happened! We arrived DUn Huang at July,05. Showing the Front desk the Hotel confirmation from Agoda, but they insisted no any Booking Number and Payment as well.. and insisted us to pay AT CASH at the moment., or no any room for us.
Now after we back ,we checked to our bank, there are double payment, Agoda has claimed the amount to our Bank, UOB Bank, on July,07 while we paid at the hotel on July.05
I do not know what the game they done. ? but this is very riduculous action, when we arrive at hotel on July,05 no payment from Agoda to hotel but when we left hotel, on July 07, the payment was charged to us.
while I am sure that Agoda can managing everything and refund the money to us.
this is very urgent - since people believe that Agoda is reliable company at the moment
Dear family!The dunhuang hotel is an established hotel with excellent geographical location.We apologize for the error of the waiter's operation, we will negotiate with the website and will refund you as soon as possible.Recently, the fifth floor of the hotel has added a laundromat, and you are welcome to have more experience with your friends!Looking forward to your next visit with your friends!Wish you every day happy, work smoothly!
best location ”
the staff is very ...good. we arrived very early 6;30am they allow us to check-in. and arrange us on tour.good breadfast .good and clean room .wifi good . must stay here for my next visit. thamkyou dunhuang hotel
Dear family!Thank you for choosing the dunhuang hotel. The dunhuang hotel is an established hotel with excellent geographical location.Recently, the fifth floor of the hotel has added a laundromat, and you are welcome to have more experience with your friends!Looking forward to seeing you and your friends again!Wish you every day happy, work smoothly!
very good hotel ”
highly recommended. very helpful and friendly staffs. good location. we are lucky to get free room upgrade during non peak season. the not so clean carpet in room make me reduce the points, otherwise it's excellent!
This hotel is reasonably near to the night market. For such a developing city, I am quite impressed by the condition of the hotel - quite clean although somewhat small, by the chinese hotels' standard. My only complaint is that the toilet door is a heavy sliding door, which can be difficult to close and cannot be locked.
staff are friendly, check in process is fast, welcome drink, hot towel, location is perfect. definitely will stay here again if going to dunghuang.
one thing really impress and touch me is when i was alone at the lobby and it was a bit cold, so i out on my jacket and one of the staff saw me, immediately she gave me a glass of hot tea, immediately i feel "warm".. :-)
Good, arrived at 9:00 am off the overnight train from Lanzhou. On arrival we were greeted with a hot towel and nice glass of tea. Room was nice, had evetything we needed. Dunhuang was enjoyable, but like most places around China, if you want to walk up the side of a hill, you need to buy a ticket.. I guess nothing is for free.