Everything was just outstanding... Location, size, staff, food, friendliness
Great house reef but not a 5 stars hotel”
This resort has one of the best house reef in Maldives. However, lots of wear and tear within the room.
Above and beyond all expectations - amazing honeymooon”
My wife and I had the most amazing honeymoon during our stay. We loved everything -- the beautiful and intimate island, snorkeling around the house reef, the manta ray excursion, dining at the five restaurants, the incredible weather and breathtaking sunsets, the charming and immaculate villas, and the exceptional spa. We were blown away by all the attention to details (seamless seaplane/speedboat transfer service, personal greeting when we arrived, the GoPro usage and USB drive souvenir, nightly desserts, etc). Above all else, the entire Kandolhu team was so incredibly warm, welcoming and helpful throughout -- we were completely taken care of. Thank you Laura, Mark & the Kandolhu Team, for the wonderful memories!
Amazing experience. What a paradise - everything was perfect”
We had the ocean pool villa - best choice.
Restaurant choices are few, and quite expensive.
But the service is excellent.
Nice place for relaxing or for honeymoon.
We have been to many resorts by the sea in the region of Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and wanted to try a different area. After the experience at this resort, we would say that for those living in the region of SE Asia, there is no need to travel so far and to pay almost triple to get the same or better in the islands of SE Asia.
The resort: It was kept clean and tastefully done - we were delighted by the loan of the latest gopro camera. we enjoyed the outdoor pool a lot and the sunset every evening was spectacular.
The island the resort is in is intimately small and you can basically walk around it in less than 5mins and there are about 20 villas on it. Whilst we were there, we only saw the majority of the the guests in the dining area,(around 20 other people then) otherwise, we felt we had adequate privacy and space.
Depending on where your villa is, you can get the sunset stretch or not, you may get only a tiny patch of sand in front or otherwise.
The food: There were 4 or 5 different restaurants but we mostly ate at the continental one. The food was mostly very good although portions were tiny for the price that you pay. (good if you don't wish to overeat!)
The sea-life: Dead corals all around but we enjoyed the large variety of fishes and other sea life, especially the turtles. But again, there are many parts of Indonesia, Malaysia with the same and with living corals.
The staff: Overall they did their best to be courteous.
The male housekeeper did his cleaning well (albeit a little surly). However, he would come into the villa whilst we were still in it to clean which we felt was very intrusive, especially when one may not be adequately attired in our own space. He had also instructed our teenage son that he was "supposed" to wash his feet coming in from the beach which we felt was very rude of him.
Another thing we did not appreciate was the fact that they kept calling us on the phone (almost daily for the 6 days we were there) t
Beautiful resort, excellent snorkelling and very friendly staff”
Booked the resort because snorkelling at the house reef was known to be good. Indeed, this is definitely not to be missed. We saw turtles, rays, sharks, octopus and moray eels and snorkelled at the house reef every day we were there.
Lovely, friendly staff who made us feel like king and queen once we arrived on speedboat to the resort. Housekeeping was done whenever we left the room, like both in the morning and afternoon. The view was great from the overwater villa where we caught the breathtaking sunset view.
Nice Little Paradise”
Mint Condition of Villas, Food Quality, Location
1. Remoteness. The whole point of a getaway to Maldives is to enjoy the peace & serenity around you. We laid on the walkway watching stars all night. Caught a few shootings stars.
2. Quality & cleanliness. We stayed in 211 which was the best water villa with pool.
3. Stylish interior with Eubiq electrical points & free use of in-villa iPad.
4. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
5. Food variety is excellent with 4 or 5 restaurants on the island. Banzai is a must-try (book the moment you arrive in order to avoid disappointment).
6. House reef on the fringe. Catching sight of turtles is almost guaranteed. Saw 2 turtles on different occasions.
1. They should invest in regular pest control if not done so. There were mosquitoes on the main island and giant ants in the villa. Was bitten so many times in the restaurant, sports centre and reception.
2. You won't be able to lock your maindoor from inside the room. And it didn't help that my housekeeper didn't have the courtesy to knock on my door before entering. It happened twice and I had to call the front desk to lodge a complain about it. I have never come across any hotel staff who never knocked in my entire life - and it had to happen in a 5-star resort in Maldives.
3. There were plenty of nice house reef around the island. However much was also damaged and dead near the villa sides.
4. Wifi reception was strong but connection was very bad. You could hardly surf the net or update your Facebook. But given its remoteness, you can't really fault them for this.
Kandolhu is a must-go if you wanna escape over-crowded and commercialized resorts. Facilities are brand new e.g. library, snorkeling equipment & in-villa amenities. There were also 6 resident baby sharks that stay close to shore.
Snorkeling excepcional. Arrecife muy accesible. Vimos muchas tortugas tiburones langostas y estrellas de mil formas y colores. Pool ocean villa perfecta. La 210 atardecer perfecto.. Sitio fantástico, tranquilo y precioso.
Servicio de guardamaletas en aeropuerto para no dar sobrepeso an avión. Avisar antes para recuperarlas sino tardan 40 min.