Not satisfied since aircon was insufficient and no wifi
Runined by false advertising”
Friendly & helpful staff,
The hotel is OK for a provincial hotel. But the description on Agoda gives a false impression. Expectations are set above delivery so initial impressions are disappointing:
* New Delux Room: Rooms all in an old building; new buildings in the photo are conference facilities.
* 2 Double beds: Two SINGLE beds. The hotel insisted that double means the room is for two people – did not accept that single/double bed relates to the size of the bed itself.
* Balcony/terrace: this is the outside corridor. It is not private. No views (blocked by other parts of the building).Noisy because kids run up and down banging on the doors.
* Desk: No chair. A plastic chair was provided when I asked.
* Coffee/tea maker: A kettle was provided. No cups. 2 cups provided when I asked. No tea or coffee. Housekeeping did not include washing or replacing the cups.
* Kitchenware: No kitchenware.
* Free wifi access: This is listed as a room feature - and is the ONLY reason I chose this hotel. THERE IS NO WIFI IN THE ROOMS. Coffee shop wifi might have been OK but the coffee shop was always in use for seminars. Fortunately, there are good Globe and Smart 3G signals so I used my cell phone as a hotspot.
The Agoda description has a nice photo of the pool. But as far as i can see, none of the rooms overlook the pool. There were conferences and weddings every day (stayed 4 nights) which splilled over into the pool area and lobby so there was little chance for a quiet time by the pool.
Nearly all the room look out onto the main road, which is noisy. The other rooms didn't seem to have windows that could be used. The top floor is better than the second floor.
Now, having said all this, it is not bad for the money. It was fairly clean, beds were basic but comfortable, the delux room is quite large, hot water most of the time, aircon worked ...
Very dated ”
The pool is nice
The hotel is very dated & not well maintained.
The room had no hot water & was very noisy ....it's only metres from the Main road.
I wouldn't use this hotel again
location and chicken curry
It was terrible. Service was bad. Room and AC is too old. No wifi inside our room. They don't give separate towels for swimming and no free shampoo and toothbrush. They only give soap and towel and that's it. Unlike other cheap hotels or pensione they automatically provide their guest needs. I thought I will have a relaxing day in their hotel but everything had a problem. I will not stay here again. And another thing is I paid 1.5k for a standard room which agoda claims gives me a discounted price but actually that room is really only 1.2k for walk in guests. Such a disappointment. Never again.
It's uncomfortable stay. Room is untidy, old bed and furniture.
I don't recommend mercian hotel anybody. Value of money I paid is not worth it.
It is not the that bad”
It was only okay however i got the new D room which was said having internet in agoda but it doesnt have.
Overall hotel experience”
Location, Staff Friendliness and Room Size
My first night was greeted by a cockroach. The window unit air conditioning unit was located close to the bed and was quite noisy. Feels like sleeping in a ferry when the compressor is running. I had a USB drive to print my boarding pass but the hotel do not have a business centre to do so. The staff was friendly, however, did not go the extra mile to help me. TV quality is very poor. Staff are talking very loudly and playing around which is quite a nuisance when you are trying to rest. Wanted to entertain my guests at the restaurant but is always not ready. Air condition is not switched on. Staff not around. We decided to go out instead.
swimming pool, accessibility, value of money
Close to airport, the lobby staff is kind and friendly.
1. Location 2. Price 3. Clean & Excellent staff
I only have positive things to say about this hotel. I enthusiastically recommend it. It's an excellent value.