Please note that the hotel staff can help guests schedule a boat transfer in a 15-feet fiberglass boat. Such transfer is provided by a third party company for an additional charge and has to be reserved 48-hour prior to arrival. For safety, it is only possible under certain sailing conditions.
Please note: the only way to reach the hotel is with a 5-hour hike, or by boat if weather permits. Leaving from Sepituba, it is a 10.8 km hike. Leaving from Borrifos, at Nova Iorqui Restaurant, it is a 12.3 km hike. Guests should be fit to walk for up to 5 hours, and the hiking has an easy/moderate level of difficulty. Along the way there are 3 waterfalls that require caution to cross. This is especially true regarding the 2nd waterfall, Areado.
Porto Bonete will contact guests with more details of how to reach the property.
Below are some safety tips for hikers:
- Wear comfortable and appropriate clothes and footwear for hiking
- Use your cell phone for calling Porto Bonete before you start your hike. Remember to confim the property´s phone number in advance.
- Travel light and carry the minimum luggage.
- Wrap your clothes in plastic bags before fitting them in your backpack.
- Make sure to bring a flashlight and insect repellent
- In summertime, never start hiking after 13:00.
- In wintertime, never start hiking after 12:00. A prepayment deposit via bank transfer is required to secure your reservation. The property will contact you after you book to provide any bank transfer instructions.