I've stayed at the Gran Tierra around three times already and all of those were smooth and stress-free. I had an early check in the last time and I really appreciated that they were gracious in accommodating the request. Would definitely recommend the place. Basic, but you won't regret staying there.
window doesn't open
Was ok. ”
Good enough if you need to stay in the city. The walls were really thin so it was noisy. Front desk didn’t seem knowledgeable about anything helpful. Got confused looks when we asked questions. If at all possible leave Cebu city for literally anywhere else immediately. There’s nothing there worth staying unless for work.
Jaypee and family from Bicol”
Place is so clean and smells really good especially within the hallway very relaxing ambiance staff are kind enough to attend to your request/needs definitlely coming back if we need a stay within Cebu City.
Cheap but Excellent location, service, amenities”
Location - not on the main road but located at the heart of Fuente Osmena which gives you a pleasant sleep. 1 block away from the best restos: STK Ta Bay!, Bucket shrimps, Yakski. Walking distance to Pungko Pungko sa Fuente and Larsian.
Service - Superb amenities! once your cab/grab stopped at the entrance, staffs will assist you right away: from opening the car door, to bringing your luggage/s to your room. Staff are very helpful and honest. I accidentally left my clothes upon my check out and they contacted me right away when they found out about my left clothes. They even help me pack my lechon and dried fishes so that I can bring it home to MNL. Staffs are attentive and whenever you need to contact the front desk, they will answer right away and give you your requests.
AMenities - the room we had was their double room. it really exceeded our expectation. Cable TV is present (have all cable channels), aircon, cbinet clean CR, hot/cold shower, toiletries included
Best I've stayed so far.”
The room was clean. Good staff accommodation and price was okay. Overall, I would recommend this to my friends.
Not bad for the price ”
Plus location, price
Nice and Clean”
good price and good size rooms. definitely stay here again
The place was easily accessible and the staff were quick to assist you. I checked in late, but my room was ready. The room was clean, bathroom cleanliness was a big bonus! Also it was a walking distance from hospitals, spas, restaurants and the main road. Recommended! ☺️
What I liked about our stay:
1. Comfy beds!
2. Room is spacious to move around.
3. Fresh towels every day.
4. Water dispenser is right outside our door.
5. They offer meals starting at 7:30 am. However, if you need to have early breakfast, there's a Jollibee nearby that opens at 6 am.
6. Samsung TV is large enough to watch from the beds. It's possibly is a smart TV but I haven't explored it's "smart" functions.
7. They sell goods from Cardinal Bakery. They have super soft and yummy pastries, so make sure to TRY this when you get here!
8. I can attest that taxis frequently pass by the area, so there will be no difficulties roaming around Cebu.
9. Quiet surroundings. No noise from other rooms or outside the hotel.
What I didn't like:
1. I checked in alone and already told them multiple times that my mother will be coming next day. When my mother checked in, they needed me to confirm before letting her in. I was asleep because of a tiring trip so it took time before my mom got in. I'm not sure if I already provided her name when I made the Agoda booking. If I didn't, I would've appreciated it if they got her name from me and let her in after she provided identification. I understand though that they needed me to confirm personally for security.
2. Water from the faucet sink doesn't smell clean. Shower water is okay though, but the showerhead would appreciate some cleaning.
3. It takes time before the shower gets hot.
4. Their doorknobs can switch to auto-lock mode so there will be no worries in case you forget to lock the door. They activated this after I got home from my first day trip. I told them to undo this because I never forget to lock my door when I'm out. They did grant my request, but they put the auto-lock again the next day. Slightly irked me for not listening to a guest's request.
5. There was a lingering smell when I first got into the room. I can't pinpoint what it was but it was kinda sour and unpleasant but thankfully not that powerful and it